TAP5-2478 and 5.5.0-beta-2

Mats Andersson-2
While migrating to Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2 I discovered a problem with
having JPA entities in the Tapestry session storage. I thought of
creating a patch for it, but then noticed that there is already the same
patch attached to TAP-2478, but no information about why it was not
included in the fix, so I ask your advice how to proceed with this.

Thanks

---------------------- Mats Andersson | Ronsoft AB | +46(0)73 368 79 82

Re: TAP5-2478 and 5.5.0-beta-2

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Hello!

I'm sorry, we overlooked that patch. We'll apply it very soon. Thank you
very much!

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Mats Andersson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> While migrating to Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2 I discovered a problem with
> having JPA entities in the Tapestry session storage. I thought of
> creating a patch for it, but then noticed that there is already the same
> patch attached to TAP-2478, but no information about why it was not
> included in the fix, so I ask your advice how to proceed with this.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> ---------------------- Mats Andersson | Ronsoft AB | +46(0)73 368 79 82

Re: TAP5-2478 and 5.5.0-beta-2

Hello!

Which one of the three patches there?

wrote:

> While migrating to Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2 I discovered a problem with
> having JPA entities in the Tapestry session storage. I thought of
> creating a patch for it, but then noticed that there is already the same
> patch attached to TAP-2478, but no information about why it was not
> included in the fix, so I ask your advice how to proceed with this.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> ---------------------- Mats Andersson | Ronsoft AB | +46(0)73 368 79 82

Re: TAP5-2478 and 5.5.0-beta-2

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
At least one of them was already applied and the ticket is marked as
closed, so I'm a little lost here on what's the actual problem and what's
the fix.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 4:25 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Which one of the three patches there?
>
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Mats Andersson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> While migrating to Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2 I discovered a problem with
>> having JPA entities in the Tapestry session storage. I thought of
>> creating a patch for it, but then noticed that there is already the same
>> patch attached to TAP-2478, but no information about why it was not
>> included in the fix, so I ask your advice how to proceed with this.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---------------------- Mats Andersson | Ronsoft AB | +46(0)73 368 79 82

Re: TAP5-2478 and 5.5.0-beta-2

Mats Andersson-2
The session persisted instances of jpa and hibernate entities need to be
resolved in getIfExists() in the same way as in get().
Tap-2478_add.patch includes what is needed, but the patch was ignored.

--
---------------------- Mats Andersson | Ronsoft AB | +46(0)73 368 79 82