Tapestry 4: Accessing HiveMind Registry outside of Tapestry

Tapestry 4: Accessing HiveMind Registry outside of Tapestry

cconrad
I'm currently working on an application where one of the requirements
is that I  handle notifications from a second application.  The
second application sends these notifications via an HTTP GET.  From
my understanding of Tapestry (which is currently quite limited),
there is no easy way to write a page which handles arbitrary GET
parameters.  So what I thought I'd do is write a simple Servlet which
would handle processing the notifications.  Now I'm trying to find a
way to access the HiveMind Registry which Tapestry initialized for me
from this second Servlet.  I need that HiveMind Registry so that I
can access the services defined in it.  Is there any way to do this?
If not, is there a way to handle an arbitrary GET from a Tapestry
Page easily?  I don't want to have to go to a heavier weight
architecture like SLSBs so that both Tapestry and this second Servlet
can access the same business objects easily.

Thanks,
--Chris

Re: Tapestry 4: Accessing HiveMind Registry outside of Tapestry

Howard Lewis Ship
Current, Tapestry doesn't make its HiveMind registry visible.

I'll look into allowing HiveMindFilter and Tapestry to share a single
HiveMind Registry.

On 5/9/05, Chris Conrad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm currently working on an application where one of the requirements
> is that I  handle notifications from a second application.  The
> second application sends these notifications via an HTTP GET.  From
> my understanding of Tapestry (which is currently quite limited),
> there is no easy way to write a page which handles arbitrary GET
> parameters.  So what I thought I'd do is write a simple Servlet which
> would handle processing the notifications.  Now I'm trying to find a
> way to access the HiveMind Registry which Tapestry initialized for me
> from this second Servlet.  I need that HiveMind Registry so that I
> can access the services defined in it.  Is there any way to do this?
> If not, is there a way to handle an arbitrary GET from a Tapestry
> Page easily?  I don't want to have to go to a heavier weight
> architecture like SLSBs so that both Tapestry and this second Servlet
> can access the same business objects easily.
>
> Thanks,
> --Chris

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry 4: Accessing HiveMind Registry outside of Tapestry

Howard Lewis Ship
Note that I'm talking about 4.0, where the Tapestry ApplicationServlet
creates and manages the Registry.

On 5/9/05, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Current, Tapestry doesn't make its HiveMind registry visible.
>
> I'll look into allowing HiveMindFilter and Tapestry to share a single
> HiveMind Registry.
>
> On 5/9/05, Chris Conrad <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm currently working on an application where one of the requirements
> > is that I  handle notifications from a second application.  The
> > second application sends these notifications via an HTTP GET.  From
> > my understanding of Tapestry (which is currently quite limited),
> > there is no easy way to write a page which handles arbitrary GET
> > parameters.  So what I thought I'd do is write a simple Servlet which
> > would handle processing the notifications.  Now I'm trying to find a
> > way to access the HiveMind Registry which Tapestry initialized for me
> > from this second Servlet.  I need that HiveMind Registry so that I
> > can access the services defined in it.  Is there any way to do this?
> > If not, is there a way to handle an arbitrary GET from a Tapestry
> > Page easily?  I don't want to have to go to a heavier weight
> > architecture like SLSBs so that both Tapestry and this second Servlet
> > can access the same business objects easily.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --Chris

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry 4: Accessing HiveMind Registry outside of Tapestry

Erik Hatcher

On May 9, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Chris Conrad wrote:

> I'm currently working on an application where one of the
> requirements is that I  handle notifications from a second
> application.  The second application sends these notifications via
> an HTTP GET.  From my understanding of Tapestry (which is currently
> quite limited), there is no easy way to write a page which handles
> arbitrary GET parameters.  So what I thought I'd do is write a
> simple Servlet which would handle processing the notifications.
> Now I'm trying to find a way to access the HiveMind Registry which
> Tapestry initialized for me from this second Servlet.  I need that
> HiveMind Registry so that I can access the services defined in it.
> Is there any way to do this?  If not, is there a way to handle an
> arbitrary GET from a Tapestry Page easily?  I don't want to have to
> go to a heavier weight architecture like SLSBs so that both
> Tapestry and this second Servlet can access the same business
> objects easily.

Once in a Tapestry page, you can access all of the HttpServletRequest
stuff.  So you can pass in any query string parameters that you
like.  In Tapestry 3.0 (without the friendly URL patch) you'll still
end up with ?service=page/PageName as one of the parameters, but any
of the other parameters will pass through fine.

     Erik