Quantcast

Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Peter Stavrinides
Hi,

I saw this recent change: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1267

Which accounts for the removal of RequestPathOptimizer

but I am getting the following exception, so am wandering if I am missing something?

2010-09-22 18:10:43.418:WARN::failed ContextHandlerCollection@7fa5f230: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer
2010-09-22 18:10:43.420:WARN::failed HandlerCollection@67bf6ec8: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer
2010-09-22 18:10:43.421:WARN::Error starting handlers
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
        at java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Class.java:1459)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.InternalUtils.findAutobuildConstructor(InternalUtils.java:669)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBinderImpl.createStandardConstructorBasedObjectCreatorSource(ServiceBinderImpl.java:148)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBinderImpl.createObjectCreatorSourceFromImplementationClass(ServiceBinderImpl.java:133)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBinderImpl.flush(ServiceBinderImpl.java:101)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBinderImpl.finish(ServiceBinderImpl.java:89)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.DefaultModuleDefImpl.bind(DefaultModuleDefImpl.java:566)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.DefaultModuleDefImpl.<init>(DefaultModuleDefImpl.java:157)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.RegistryBuilder.add(RegistryBuilder.java:124)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.RegistryBuilder.add(RegistryBuilder.java:151)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.IOCUtilities.addModulesInList(IOCUtilities.java:137)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.IOCUtilities.addModulesInManifest(IOCUtilities.java:107)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.IOCUtilities.addDefaultModules(IOCUtilities.java:77)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.internal.TapestryAppInitializer.<init>(TapestryAppInitializer.java:131)
        at org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.init(TapestryFilter.java:90)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:662)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1272)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:489)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.java:115)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.java:132)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:441)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:383)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMojo.java:210)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:184)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:579)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:498)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmentForProject(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:265)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:191)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:149)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute_aroundBody0(DefaultMaven.java:223)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultMaven.java:304)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:1)
        at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute_aroundBody2(MavenEmbedder.java:904)
        at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute_aroundBody3$advice(MavenEmbedder.java:304)
        at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:1)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:408)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:351)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:31)
2010-09-22 18:10:43.432:INFO::Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080

Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Peter

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:13:11 -0300, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer

You seem to have two versions of Tapestry in the classpath at the same
time.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Peter Stavrinides
Indeed, my bad, I do combine a few maven modules that use Tapestry IoC, and I simply missed a spot.

Thanks Thiago,
Peter

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:13:11 -0300, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer

You seem to have two versions of Tapestry in the classpath at the same
time.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Peter Stavrinides

To follow up on this issue, after I trawled through every module removing any dated references I still could not get rid of the error, but after much toil found the problem, which was with transitive dependencies from chenillekit, I tried upgrading the library, but still no luck... is chenillekit compatible with 5.2.1 yet? Am I referencing the correct repo? I was already using 1.2.0 production version, I tried to move to a snapshot, but the info on the site, found here: http://www.chenillekit.org/mvnrepo.html points to an inactive snapshot repo, I tried https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/chenillekit/chenillekit-tapestry/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/ but there are also issues there, eventually I had to remove chennelkit temporarily and it now runs, but unfortunately I can't complete my upgrade without it.

Please let me know If there is a version / repo out there compatible with 5.2.1, if there isn't then I am forced to roll back once again.

Thanks,
Peter

Indeed, my bad, I do combine a few maven modules that use Tapestry IoC, and I simply missed a spot.

Thanks Thiago,
Peter

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:13:11 -0300, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer

You seem to have two versions of Tapestry in the classpath at the same
time.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Zubair Nuamaan
Hey,

did you manage to find a fix for your problem?  I updated to use the new Tapestry 5.2.1 and am getting the same error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer

I also updated to chenelkit 1.3.0-sanpshot.

Thanks,

Zubair

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Vangel V. Ajanovski
The chenillekit 1.3.0-snapshot that is found arround the net in maven
repositories is older version. The problem was fixed only 2-3 days ago.
You will have to wait till they publish a more recent 1.3.0-snapshot (it
should be dated later than 15th october).

What I did is
I downloaded chenillekit source from subversion (using the commandline
svn published on their website) and then
    mvn package -DskipTests=true
Some tests failed when building chenillekit-tapestry module, but I
disregarded it (thats why skipTests) and then I did
    mvn install
So all the JAR are installed in my local mvn repo and now my application
works and I don't have any other problems.

But from all of chenillekit I only use the Window component for popup
windows, so my case might not be representative.
I have also moved to Tapestry 5.2.2-SNAPSHOT and it still works.

On 10/18/2010 04:31 PM, Zubair Nuamaan wrote:

> Hey,
>
> did you manage to find a fix for your problem?  I updated to use the new
> Tapestry 5.2.1 and am getting the same error
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer
>
> I also updated to chenelkit 1.3.0-sanpshot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zubair

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Inge Solvoll-2
This is a big problem for third party libraries. I already removed equanda
from my application to avoid these situations, now I'm tempted to let
chenillekit go too. I only use it to a very limited extent. It's been a
couple of months now with a rather stable 5.2, third parties should have had
plenty of time to sort out trivial compatibility issues.

I know you guys are all volunteers, and you do a great job. This is a
framework issue too, that version bumps cause third party libs to stop
working...

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Vangel V. Ajanovski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The chenillekit 1.3.0-snapshot that is found arround the net in maven
> repositories is older version. The problem was fixed only 2-3 days ago.
> You will have to wait till they publish a more recent 1.3.0-snapshot (it
> should be dated later than 15th october).
>
> What I did is
> I downloaded chenillekit source from subversion (using the commandline
> svn published on their website) and then
>    mvn package -DskipTests=true
> Some tests failed when building chenillekit-tapestry module, but I
> disregarded it (thats why skipTests) and then I did
>    mvn install
> So all the JAR are installed in my local mvn repo and now my application
> works and I don't have any other problems.
>
> But from all of chenillekit I only use the Window component for popup
> windows, so my case might not be representative.
> I have also moved to Tapestry 5.2.2-SNAPSHOT and it still works.
>
> On 10/18/2010 04:31 PM, Zubair Nuamaan wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > did you manage to find a fix for your problem?  I updated to use the new
> > Tapestry 5.2.1 and am getting the same error
> >
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestPathOptimizer
> >
> > I also updated to chenelkit 1.3.0-sanpshot.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zubair

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Vangel V. Ajanovski
I don't think it's a framework problem but Chenillekit problem.
Imagine for example you are building an application with Oracle database
via JDBC but you are not using the regular published JDBC interfaces
that everybode else does, but some internal class that is part of the
exact implementation of the JDBC oracle driver. And Oracle decides to
implement it's own driver in a different way so your application will be
dead. Not a problem of Oracle.

On 10/19/2010 02:24 PM, Inge Solvoll wrote:
> This is a big problem for third party libraries. I already removed equanda
> from my application to avoid these situations, now I'm tempted to let
> chenillekit go too. I only use it to a very limited extent. It's been a
> couple of months now with a rather stable 5.2, third parties should have had
> plenty of time to sort out trivial compatibility issues.
>
> I know you guys are all volunteers, and you do a great job. This is a
> framework issue too, that version bumps cause third party libs to stop
> working...

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Howard Lewis Ship
Don't be too harsh on the 3rd party developers; we're still working
out what needs to be public and how.

We take the "internals can change at any time" vow seriously, which is
painful for any 3rd party library developers, as sometimes you have to
dive into the internal side to accomplish things.

I encourage any 3rd party library developer who does use internals to
get a dialog going on the mailing list (and then on JIRA) so that
necessary, stable, public interfaces can be created.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Vangel V. Ajanovski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't think it's a framework problem but Chenillekit problem.
> Imagine for example you are building an application with Oracle database
> via JDBC but you are not using the regular published JDBC interfaces
> that everybode else does, but some internal class that is part of the
> exact implementation of the JDBC oracle driver. And Oracle decides to
> implement it's own driver in a different way so your application will be
> dead. Not a problem of Oracle.
>
> On 10/19/2010 02:24 PM, Inge Solvoll wrote:
>> This is a big problem for third party libraries. I already removed equanda
>> from my application to avoid these situations, now I'm tempted to let
>> chenillekit go too. I only use it to a very limited extent. It's been a
>> couple of months now with a rather stable 5.2, third parties should have had
>> plenty of time to sort out trivial compatibility issues.
>>
>> I know you guys are all volunteers, and you do a great job. This is a
>> framework issue too, that version bumps cause third party libs to stop
>> working...

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Vangel V. Ajanovski
My intention is not to be harsh. I could not be harsh to anyone giving
me something as open and free. It's a gift. We have a proverb that you
don't check and complain about the teeth of a horse you got as a gift.
First of all it would be impolite and unfair.

We are just really unhappy if Equanda or Chenillekit are not updated
very soon and they don't work with latest Tapestry, since we wont be
able to go further and have them included, since our plans are to always
go with the latest of Tapestry, until we like it :)

Tomorrow we might be unhappy if there were some new exciting features in
latest hibernate, but tapestry-hibernate would not work with it and
there were no news or published plans of intention to make it work. In
that case we would be forced to change to something else.

Sad but true. Our project is an ongoing project with frequent releases,
used at university department - build by students for usage by students
and teaching and administration staff, it is going on since 1992 (as far
as I know, maybe even before) and it will probably go on in the future.
We are rebuilding all our applications that need new features (almost
all) with Tapestry, and we worked with JSP/JSF before that, Oracle
PL/SQL and Forms before that, MS Access before that and Clipper before
that. I don't know before that but I know that somebody did something
with punched cards some 30-40 years ago.

I am happy with Tapestry, and I lead the project for now. But for
example nowadays Kuali Project is grabbing forward in many US
universities and they have based their "Kuali Rice" framework on a stack
with another web/view layer technology, so it might become alternative
some time in the future, who knows. One has to always think outside the box.

On 10/19/2010 05:43 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> Don't be too harsh on the 3rd party developers; we're still working
> out what needs to be public and how.

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

toby78
I am having the same issue in one of my projects.....

I can not find any version > 1.something on here:

http://www.chenillekit.org/mvnrepo/snapshot/org/chenillekit/chenillekit-tapestry/
http://www.chenillekit.org/mvnrepo/release/org/chenillekit/chenillekit-tapestry/

?

Has it moved ?

When Googling I found:

http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/chenille-kit/chenillekit-tapestry/source-repository.html

But this repo requires a password?

Thanks!

Tobias

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

ppetroup
I just hit the same problem while attempting to upgrade from T5.1.0.5 to T5.2.4
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestPathOptimizer

I read the relevant posts and made sure I only have the following T5 dependencies but I am still getting the same Error. I am still using chenillekit 1.2.0

[INFO] +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-core:jar:5.2.4:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-ioc:jar:5.2.4:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations:jar:5.2.4:compile
[INFO] |  |  \- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-func:jar:5.2.4:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-json:jar:5.2.4:compile
[INFO] |  +- commons-codec:commons-codec:jar:1.3:compile
[INFO] |  \- org.antlr:antlr-runtime:jar:3.1.1:compile
[INFO] +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-spring:jar:5.2.4:compile

This is the section of the pom.xml relevant to the chenillekit dependency
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.chenillekit</groupId>
                        <artifactId>chenillekit-tapestry</artifactId>
                        <version>1.2.0</version>
                        <exclusions>

                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>tapestry-spring</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>jboss</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>javassist</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>commons-beanutils-core</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                        </exclusions>
                </dependency>

For the ones that solved this problem can you please let me know which was the offending dependency?

Thanks,
Petros

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Is ChenilleKet 1.2.0 compatible with Tapestry 5.2.4? I guess not, so you
probably answered your own question. ;)

ChenilleKet 1.2.0 depends on an internal class, RequestPathOptimizer, so
Tapestry's backward compatibility wasn't a problem here.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 03:09:13 -0200, ppetroup <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just hit the same problem while attempting to upgrade from T5.1.0.5 to
> T5.2.4
> org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestPathOptimizer
>
> I read the relevant posts and made sure I only have the following T5
> dependencies but I am still getting the same Error. I am still using
> chenillekit 1.2.0
>
> [INFO] +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-core:jar:5.2.4:compile
> [INFO] |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-ioc:jar:5.2.4:compile
> [INFO] |  |  +-
> org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations:jar:5.2.4:compile
> [INFO] |  |  \- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-func:jar:5.2.4:compile
> [INFO] |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-json:jar:5.2.4:compile
> [INFO] |  +- commons-codec:commons-codec:jar:1.3:compile
> [INFO] |  \- org.antlr:antlr-runtime:jar:3.1.1:compile
> [INFO] +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-spring:jar:5.2.4:compile
>

> This is the section of the pom.xml relevant to the chenillekit dependency
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.chenillekit</groupId>
> <artifactId>chenillekit-tapestry</artifactId>
> <version>1.2.0</version>
> <exclusions>
>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
>             <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
> <artifactId>tapestry-spring</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>jboss</groupId>
> <artifactId>javassist</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-beanutils-core</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> <exclusion>
> <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
> </exclusion>
> </exclusions>
> </dependency>
>
> For the ones that solved this problem can you please let me know which
> was
> the offending dependency?
>
> Thanks,
> Petros

and instructor
Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java, Tapestry e Hibernate
Coordenador e professor da Especialização em Engenharia de Software com
Ênfase em Java da Faculdade Pitágoras
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Alejandro Scandroli-2
Hi Petros

You should upgrade to chenillekit 1.3.0. Chenillekit 1.3.0 depends on
tapestry 5.2.2 so you still need to exclude some dependencies.
This is my conf:

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.chenillekit</groupId>
        <artifactId>chenillekit-tapestry</artifactId>
        <version>1.3.0</version>
        <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                        <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
                        <artifactId>tapestry-ioc</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                        <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
                        <artifactId>tapestry-func</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
        </exclusions>
</dependency>

Saludos.
Alejandro.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is ChenilleKet 1.2.0 compatible with Tapestry 5.2.4? I guess not, so you
> probably answered your own question. ;)
>
> ChenilleKet 1.2.0 depends on an internal class, RequestPathOptimizer, so
> Tapestry's backward compatibility wasn't a problem here.
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 03:09:13 -0200, ppetroup <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I just hit the same problem while attempting to upgrade from T5.1.0.5 to
>> T5.2.4
>> org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestPathOptimizer
>>
>> I read the relevant posts and made sure I only have the following T5
>> dependencies but I am still getting the same Error. I am still using
>> chenillekit 1.2.0
>>
>> [INFO] +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-core:jar:5.2.4:compile
>> [INFO] |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-ioc:jar:5.2.4:compile
>> [INFO] |  |  +-
>> org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations:jar:5.2.4:compile
>> [INFO] |  |  \- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-func:jar:5.2.4:compile
>> [INFO] |  +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-json:jar:5.2.4:compile
>> [INFO] |  +- commons-codec:commons-codec:jar:1.3:compile
>> [INFO] |  \- org.antlr:antlr-runtime:jar:3.1.1:compile
>> [INFO] +- org.apache.tapestry:tapestry-spring:jar:5.2.4:compile
>>

>> This is the section of the pom.xml relevant to the chenillekit dependency
>>                <dependency>
>>                        <groupId>org.chenillekit</groupId>
>>                        <artifactId>chenillekit-tapestry</artifactId>
>>                        <version>1.2.0</version>
>>                        <exclusions>
>>
>>                                <exclusion>
>>
>>  <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
>>                        <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
>>                                </exclusion>
>>                                <exclusion>
>>
>>  <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
>>
>>  <artifactId>tapestry-spring</artifactId>
>>                                </exclusion>
>>                                <exclusion>
>>                                        <groupId>jboss</groupId>
>>                                        <artifactId>javassist</artifactId>
>>                                </exclusion>
>>                                <exclusion>
>>
>>  <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
>>
>>  <artifactId>commons-beanutils-core</artifactId>
>>                                </exclusion>
>>                                <exclusion>
>>
>>  <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
>>
>>  <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
>>                                </exclusion>
>>                        </exclusions>
>>                </dependency>
>>
>> For the ones that solved this problem can you please let me know which was
>> the offending dependency?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Petros

> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java, Tapestry e Hibernate
> Coordenador e professor da Especialização em Engenharia de Software com
> Ênfase em Java da Faculdade Pitágoras
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

ppetroup
Thanks Alejandro/Thiago,

I updated my chenillekit dependency as shown below
[...]

and now I am getting the following error. It looks like I have a conflict in another dependency. I'll post the results when I figure it out.

2011-02-10 22:12:02.277::WARN:  Nested in org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL location [classpath:/conf/smsService-applicationContext.xml]
Offending resource: ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/celestiatech-applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL location [classpath:/conf/baseService-applicationContext.xml]
Offending resource: class path resource [conf/smsService-applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [conf/baseService-applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.util.xml.DomUtils.getChildElements(Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)Ljava/util/List;:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.util.xml.DomUtils.getChildElements(Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)Ljava/util/List;

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

ppetroup
It looks like the conflict was with the spring dependencies.
My problem has been resolved by using this in my pom.xml

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
      <version>${spring-release-version}</version>
      <exclusions>
                    <exclusion>
                    <artifactId>org.springframework</artifactId>
                    <groupId>spring-beans</groupId>
                    </exclusion>
                    <exclusion>
                    <artifactId>org.springframework</artifactId>
                    <groupId>spring-core</groupId>
                    </exclusion>
        </exclusions>
</dependency>

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

Javicha
I´m getting the same error that you with Spring dependencies.

I´m using Spring 2.5.6 and Tapestry 5.2.6. Which version you are using?

Re: Tapestry 5.2.1 upgrade woes

ppetroup
Hi the spring version I am using is 3.0.3.RELEASE