Tapestry 5.5 beta release

12

Re: Tapestry 5.5 beta release

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Another question for Dmitris: were these patches done so the tests can
compile and run with Java 11? To keep the scope smaller and have 5.5
released as soon as possible, my plan is to keep building Tapestry with
Java 8. Actually building with Java 11 would be for 5.6.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:50 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, Dmitris!
>
> I've finally applied all your patches included in this thread. Thanks
> again! Of course, let's keep an eye on the Jenkins build.
>
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 11:04 PM Dimitris Zenios <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Here are 3 more which they are more or less connected with JPA failing /
>> disabled tests
>>
>> Order of applying is important
>>
>> Example if the 0001-fix-tomcat-runner-patch is not applied first then JPA
>> JNDI test suite will fail
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:40 AM Dimitris Zenios <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> One more
>>>
>>> Correct test for TAP5-2582

Re: Tapestry 5.5 beta release

Dimitris Zenios
Thats great.thanks

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018, 01:51 Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <[hidden email]
wrote:

> Hello, Dmitris!
>
> I've finally applied all your patches included in this thread. Thanks
> again! Of course, let's keep an eye on the Jenkins build.
>
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 11:04 PM Dimitris Zenios <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Here are 3 more which they are more or less connected with JPA failing /
> > disabled tests
> >
> > Order of applying is important
> >
> > Example if the 0001-fix-tomcat-runner-patch is not applied first then JPA
> > JNDI test suite will fail
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:40 AM Dimitris Zenios <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> One more
> >>
> >> Correct test for TAP5-2582
> >>
> >> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 1:56 AM Dimitris Zenios <
> [hidden email]>

> curious

> <

> <

Re: Tapestry 5.5 beta release

I've reverted these patches for now since they caused test failures:
https://builds.apache.org/job/tapestry-trunk-freestyle/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/.
Of course, we can merge them back later.

wrote:

> Here are 3 more which they are more or less connected with JPA failing /
> disabled tests
>
> Order of applying is important
>
> Example if the 0001-fix-tomcat-runner-patch is not applied first then JPA
> JNDI test suite will fail
>
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:40 AM Dimitris Zenios <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> One more
>>
>> Correct test for TAP5-2582
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 1:56 AM Dimitris Zenios <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Another one small fix

Re: Tapestry 5.5 beta release

Dimitris Zenios
I dont think is the patch.all tests work fone on my pc.havr you tried
building locally?

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018, 03:47 Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <[hidden email]
wrote:

> I've reverted these patches for now since they caused test failures:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/tapestry-trunk-freestyle/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
> .
> Of course, we can merge them back later.
>
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 11:04 PM Dimitris Zenios <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Here are 3 more which they are more or less connected with JPA failing /
> > disabled tests
> >
> > Order of applying is important
> >
> > Example if the 0001-fix-tomcat-runner-patch is not applied first then JPA
> > JNDI test suite will fail
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:40 AM Dimitris Zenios <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> One more
> >>
> >> Correct test for TAP5-2582
> >>
> >> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 1:56 AM Dimitris Zenios <
> [hidden email]>

> curious

> <

> <

Re: Tapestry 5.5 beta release

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
I'm sorry, I didn't have a chance to test it locally yet with your patches.

12