Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Jan Fryblik

Hi guys,

i haven't used Tapestry for a few months so I want to ask again if something has changed. Do you have experience with combination of Tapestry and any JS framework? How difficult is to integrate it together? Are there any tutorials? I need something to create highly dynamic web forms. Something like AjaxFormLoop inside AjaxFormLoop etc. Thanks for help.

Best Regards,
Jan Fryblík

eBrothers Software s.r.o. | www.ebrothers.cz
eBrothers Software Software which helps.

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

Lance Java
Tapestry just produces html and javascript so in theory it can easily
integrate with any js library. If you ask a more specific, we can give a
more specific answer.

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

duymap
Hi Jan,

I am using tapestry combined with Jquery , it looks great. If you are
interested in with that, please refer at http://tapestry5-jquery.com/ for
more details.

Thanks,
Duy.

--
Chung Khánh Duy
Project Support Manager
Formos

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

kristian marinkovic-3
Hi,

Tapestry 5.4 (beta) built-in require js support makes it really easy to add
other javascript frameworks cleanly. I'm currently working on T5.4 projects
that integrate with angularjs and backbone/marionette js.

g,
Kris

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Chung Khanh Duy <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I am using tapestry combined with Jquery , it looks great. If you are
> interested in with that, please refer at http://tapestry5-jquery.com/ for
> more details.
>
> Thanks,
> Duy.
>

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Jan Fryblik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > i haven't used Tapestry for a few months so I want to ask again if
> > something has changed. Do you have experience with combination of
> Tapestry
> > and any JS framework? How difficult is to integrate it together? Are
> there
> > any tutorials? I need something to create highly dynamic web forms.
> > Something like AjaxFormLoop inside AjaxFormLoop etc. Thanks for help.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Jan Fryblík
> >
> > *eBrothers Software s.r.o. | www.ebrothers.cz <http://www.ebrothers.cz>*
> >

> --
> Chung Khánh Duy
> Project Support Manager
> Formos

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 09:46:56 -0300, Chung Khanh Duy
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jan,

Hi, guys!

> I am using tapestry combined with Jquery , it looks great. If you are
> interested in with that, please refer at http://tapestry5-jquery.com/ for
> more details.

Tapestry 5.4 supports both Prototype.js and jQuery out-of-the-box.

Re: Tapestry 5 + JS framework

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 09:31:40 -0300, Lance Java <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Tapestry just produces html and javascript so in theory it can easily
> integrate with any js library. If you ask a more specific, we can give a
> more specific answer.

Agreed 200%. AngularJS is a JS framework. So is D3.js. So is Dojo. They're
very different from each other, so they way of using them in Tapestry will
be different. The word "integration" can have some different meanings. So
yes, as Lance said, the question is too vague to get a good answer. Tell
us what JS framework or library you want to use and we can provide a good,
specific answer. As a generic answer, I think Lance is right: Tapestry
doesn't dictate how you should write your JavaScript code. It just
provides some hooks to make it easy to make the client-side code talk to
the server-side code and vice-versa.