Tapestry 6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tapestry 6

Emmanuel Sowah
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
Date: Dec 6, 2007 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?
To: Tapestry users <[hidden email]>


Howard,

I'm using PageTester as well so be warned and don't break things.

I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings and
almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5 to
T5. I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
with all previous versions. Why do you always have to re-invent the wheel? I
hope you would one day learn from the decent open source projects out there
like Spring and Hibernate. These guys are geniuses! They take on the
challenging task of remaining backward compatible while providing great new
features instead of always choosing the easier and trivial path of starting
afresh, like you've demonstrated so far with any major release of Tapestry.

Regards,
E


On Dec 5, 2007 11:03 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's all good to hear, and I found a reasonable way to keep it in
> place without disrupting things.
>
> On Dec 5, 2007 1:57 PM, Mark Horn < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > My team uses PageTester to unit test all our Page classes.  We have
> > found it very useful.
> >
> >
> > > PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> > > increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> > > people are currently relying on it?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > >
> > > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.
>
> Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry 6

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On 12/6/07, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
> differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings
> and
> almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5 to
> T5.

Tapestry 5 doesn't have a final, stable release, so everybody working with
it cannot take for granted that everything will always be the same. ;)

I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
> with all previous versions.

Please post the source of the statement above.
In http://jroller.com/WarnerOnstine/entry/why_hasn_t_tapestry_been, Howard
wrote:

*(...) the design of Tapestry 5 was created specifically to make it possible
to continue adding features without breaking backwards compatibility going
forward. There will not need to be a Tapestry 6. *

Unless Howard has changed his mind, I don't have any reason to believe that
Howard is already planning a Tapestry 6 without full backward compatibility
with T5.
Thiago
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry 6

joshcanfield-2
In reply to this post by Emmanuel Sowah
-1 troll fud... too bad you can't vote down email list comments.

On Dec 6, 2007 12:35 PM, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> Date: Dec 6, 2007 4:53 PM
> Subject: Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?
> To: Tapestry users <[hidden email]>
>
>
> Howard,
>
> I'm using PageTester as well so be warned and don't break things.
>
> I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
> differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings
> and
> almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5 to
> T5. I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
> with all previous versions. Why do you always have to re-invent the wheel?
> I
> hope you would one day learn from the decent open source projects out
> there
> like Spring and Hibernate. These guys are geniuses! They take on the
> challenging task of remaining backward compatible while providing great
> new
> features instead of always choosing the easier and trivial path of
> starting
> afresh, like you've demonstrated so far with any major release of
> Tapestry.
>
> Regards,
> E
>
>
> On Dec 5, 2007 11:03 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > That's all good to hear, and I found a reasonable way to keep it in
> > place without disrupting things.
> >
> > On Dec 5, 2007 1:57 PM, Mark Horn < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > > My team uses PageTester to unit test all our Page classes.  We have
> > > found it very useful.
> > >
> > >
> > > > PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> > > > increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> > > > people are currently relying on it?
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > > > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > > >
> > > > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind
> > > >
> > > >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>



--
--
TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry 6

Andy Huhn
In reply to this post by Emmanuel Sowah
I'm curious, Emmanuel...how much have you contributed to Tapestry?

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 21:35 +0100, Emmanuel Sowah wrote:

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> Date: Dec 6, 2007 4:53 PM
> Subject: Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?
> To: Tapestry users <[hidden email]>
>
>
> Howard,
>
> I'm using PageTester as well so be warned and don't break things.
>
> I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
> differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings and
> almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5 to
> T5. I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
> with all previous versions. Why do you always have to re-invent the wheel? I
> hope you would one day learn from the decent open source projects out there
> like Spring and Hibernate. These guys are geniuses! They take on the
> challenging task of remaining backward compatible while providing great new
> features instead of always choosing the easier and trivial path of starting
> afresh, like you've demonstrated so far with any major release of Tapestry.
>
> Regards,
> E
>
>
> On Dec 5, 2007 11:03 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > That's all good to hear, and I found a reasonable way to keep it in
> > place without disrupting things.
> >
> > On Dec 5, 2007 1:57 PM, Mark Horn < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > > My team uses PageTester to unit test all our Page classes.  We have
> > > found it very useful.
> > >
> > >
> > > > PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> > > > increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> > > > people are currently relying on it?
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > > > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > > >
> > > > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind
> > > >
> > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry 6

com.liigo@gmail.com
In reply to this post by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
在 Fri, 07 Dec 2007 05:49:05 +0800,Thiago HP <[hidden email]> 写道:

> On 12/6/07, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
>> differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings
>> and
>> almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5  
>> to
>> T5.
>
> Tapestry 5 doesn't have a final, stable release, so everybody working  
> with
> it cannot take for granted that everything will always be the same. ;)
>
>> I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
>> with all previous versions.

he is rumormongering

>
> Please post the source of the statement above.
> In http://jroller.com/WarnerOnstine/entry/why_hasn_t_tapestry_been,  
> Howard
> wrote:
>
> *(...) the design of Tapestry 5 was created specifically to make it  
> possible
> to continue adding features without breaking backwards compatibility  
> going
> forward. There will not need to be a Tapestry 6. *
>
> Unless Howard has changed his mind, I don't have any reason to believe  
> that
> Howard is already planning a Tapestry 6 without full backward  
> compatibility
> with T5.
> Thiago



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry 6

Angelo Turetta-5
In reply to this post by Emmanuel Sowah
Emmanuel Sowah wrote:
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> Date: Dec 6, 2007 4:53 PM
>
> I'm using PageTester as well so be warned and don't break things.

Brrrr.... scaring :)

> I heard there is a secret work on T6

> Why do you always have to re-invent the wheel?

> like you've demonstrated so far with any major release of Tapestry.

Here it is: Welcome to the Christmas troll!
(for those interested, please browse the list archive around december
20th last year)

Angelo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry 6

Marcus Veloso
Hi Emmanuel,

If T5 still in alpha, what T6 will be? pre-alpha?  :)
I don't think so, just rumour.
In my opinion T5 is the best framework available.
I believe in Howard's work.

Marcus