Tapestry Performance

Yves Sy
Hi,

I've recently started using Tapestry and I've become a big fan,
especially for the way it relieves me of "plumbing code".

But recently, I noticed that there seems to be a significant
performance problem -- I have a huge form which uses ListEditMap and
there can easily be up to 50 rows of form elements. I think because of
the rewind that's happening (and all the hidden fields generated), the
page has become very slow. I've also confirmed that its not the
backend/database code that is the source of the problem because I can
see in the logs that the backend method calls terminate fairly
quickly.

You guys have any suggestion to help speed up my page? I think the
performance problem has reached a point where its unacceptable.

Br,
-Yves-

--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train
stops. On my desk I have a work station...

RE: Tapestry Performance

Patrick Casey

        Rendering 50 rows is pretty much mouse nuts in the grand scheme of
things. I'm rendering 2000 rows X 8 columns in about 2 seconds with about
0.6 seconds of that being database time.  Are you sure you're not gating on
database access and/or some other contested resource?

        I'm dubious that rendering 50 rows in and of itself is eating a lot
of time, so I'd start whipping out the log statements and see if you can tie
down where the time is getting burned.

        --- Pat