Tapestry RedirectException & Apache ProxyPass

Tapestry RedirectException & Apache ProxyPass

david joffrin
Hi everybody,

I am facing a pretty sad thing, but I think I am loosing (kind of) the
session when doing a Tapestry RedirectException.

My set-up is an apache server that redirects to my JBOSS instance as follow:
ProxyPass /sudetp http://www.bidnplay.com:8080/sudetp
ProxyPass / http://www.bidnplay.com:8080/sudetp
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.bidnplay.com:8080/sudetp

I have some pages that are having member restricted areas and I used the
Visit class (of course).
One of my page implements a RedirectException as follow:
IEngineService service = cycle.getEngine().getService(
        Tapestry.EXTERNAL_SERVICE);
ILink link = service.getLink(cycle, cycle.getPage(), new Object[] {
        "BrowseOverview", new Integer(getCurrentCategoryId()) });
throw new RedirectException(link.getURL());

But if the user was logged in before, after the redirect, he is not
anymore!!!

Any idea why?

Thanks.
David.

Re: Tapestry RedirectException & Apache ProxyPass

Howard Lewis Ship
Likely culprit is that the client web browser sees a change of host
name and stops sending the jsessionid cookie.

On 5/8/05, david joffrin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am facing a pretty sad thing, but I think I am loosing (kind of) the
> session when doing a Tapestry RedirectException.
>
> My set-up is an apache server that redirects to my JBOSS instance as follow:
> ProxyPass /sudetp http://www.bidnplay.com:8080/sudetp
> ProxyPass / http://www.bidnplay.com:8080/sudetp
> ProxyPassReverse / http://www.bidnplay.com:8080/sudetp
>
> I have some pages that are having member restricted areas and I used the
> Visit class (of course).
> One of my page implements a RedirectException as follow:
> IEngineService service = cycle.getEngine().getService(
>         Tapestry.EXTERNAL_SERVICE);
> ILink link = service.getLink(cycle, cycle.getPage(), new Object[] {
>         "BrowseOverview", new Integer(getCurrentCategoryId()) });
> throw new RedirectException(link.getURL());
>
> But if the user was logged in before, after the redirect, he is not
> anymore!!!
>
> Any idea why?
>
> Thanks.
> David.

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry RedirectException & Apache ProxyPass

david joffrin
Hi,

Thanks for that... Even if, I do not really understand why the client
browser is detecting a change in the hostname as I am using relative URL
path!!!

Is there any way to fix that issue?
Can I force when constructing the URL to add jsessionid=.....

Thanks.
DvJ