Tapestry + Spring

Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho
Hello there! I was following spring's docs, to implement tapestry +
spring, and I must say that I found out it must problematic having my
beans declared for each page. So here's what I've done, I have a
BasePage, called SpringBasePage, this page has a method getContext :
ApplicationContext, which as the name says, returns the Spring's
appContext. So my base page's can access it. Problem is...

I'm going "against" the blue prints of spring: as it says : " This
mechanism does work (...) However, in some respects it goes against the
Inversion of Control approach which Spring encourages, which is being
used in other layers of this app, in that ideally you would like the
page to not have to ask the context for a specific bean by name, and in
fact, the page would ideally not know about the context at all."

Who else used spring + tapestry? What approach did u guys took? I also
have the appcontext on my BaseEngine so I can access it with my
components through ongl.

Best regards

Vinicius

Re: Tapestry + Spring

Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho wrote:

> Hello there! I was following spring's docs, to implement tapestry +
> spring, and I must say that I found out it must problematic having my
> beans declared for each page. So here's what I've done, I have a
> BasePage, called SpringBasePage, this page has a method getContext :
> ApplicationContext, which as the name says, returns the Spring's
> appContext. So my base page's can access it. Problem is...
>
> I'm going "against" the blue prints of spring: as it says : " This
> mechanism does work (...) However, in some respects it goes against
> the Inversion of Control approach which Spring encourages, which is
> being used in other layers of this app, in that ideally you would like
> the page to not have to ask the context for a specific bean by name,
> and in fact, the page would ideally not know about the context at all."
>
> Who else used spring + tapestry? What approach did u guys took? I also
> have the appcontext on my BaseEngine so I can access it with my
> components through ongl.
>
> Best regards
>
> Vinicius

Well found a solution for my dilema. I'll follow spring's approach as it
totaly decouples the dependency of Tapestry's page from spring. I was
going on the oposite hando of IoC ....