Tapestry and dynamic HTML

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tapestry and dynamic HTML

Barbara Raitz
Hi, I'm new to Tapestry and am trying to figure out how to do the following:

I have an HTML form with three <div> sections (filled with form input
fields).  All the content  is known in advance, but I want to
dynamically display/hide the div sections to guide the user through
the flow.  I've done this before with javascript...  As a newbe, I'm
having a very hard time trying to figure out how to integrate the
javascript with Tapestry.  Then maybe I thought Tapestry had a
component that would help me do this (a block component?  a formConditional ?)

any advice?

thanks!
Barbara

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry and dynamic HTML

Stanczak Group
Yes, look in the component reference documents.

Barbara Raitz wrote:

>Hi, I'm new to Tapestry and am trying to figure out how to do the following:
>
>I have an HTML form with three <div> sections (filled with form input
>fields).  All the content  is known in advance, but I want to
>dynamically display/hide the div sections to guide the user through
>the flow.  I've done this before with javascript...  As a newbe, I'm
>having a very hard time trying to figure out how to integrate the
>javascript with Tapestry.  Then maybe I thought Tapestry had a
>component that would help me do this (a block component?  a formConditional ?)
>
>any advice?
>
>thanks!
>Barbara
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>  
>

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group
812-735-3600

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke

..________...............__.................
./  _____/..____..._____/..|_..____...____....
/...\..____/.__.\./....\...__\/.._.\./._..\....
\....\_\..\..___/|...|..\..|.(..<_>.|.<_>..)....
.\______../\___.._\__|../__|..\____/.\____/......
........\/.....\/.....\/..........................


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tapestry and dynamic HTML

Pablo Ruggia
Barbara:

You have not that class of support (js) in defaults components.
But wiht a combination of Block and RenderBlock components you can get
that behavior.
In the template, you will have some blocks, lets say block1@Block,
block2@Block and block3@Block.
You will have then a render block with a "block" block parameter value
like "ognl:selectedBlock" and in your page you will have a method:
public Block getSelectedBlock() which returns the correct block to
render basing on some logic of your business.

You can look an example in tapestry components reference form RenderBlock:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/ComponentReference/RenderBlock.html

Let me know if that helped you.

On 5/9/05, Stanczak Group <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, look in the component reference documents.
>
> Barbara Raitz wrote:
>
> >Hi, I'm new to Tapestry and am trying to figure out how to do the following:
> >
> >I have an HTML form with three <div> sections (filled with form input
> >fields).  All the content  is known in advance, but I want to
> >dynamically display/hide the div sections to guide the user through
> >the flow.  I've done this before with javascript...  As a newbe, I'm
> >having a very hard time trying to figure out how to integrate the
> >javascript with Tapestry.  Then maybe I thought Tapestry had a
> >component that would help me do this (a block component?  a formConditional ?)
> >
> >any advice?
> >
> >thanks!
> >Barbara
> >
> >---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
> Justin Stanczak
> Stanczak Group
> 812-735-3600
>
> "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
> Edmund Burke
>
> ..________...............__.................
> ./  _____/..____..._____/..|_..____...____....
> /...\..____/.__.\./....\...__\/.._.\./._..\....
> \....\_\..\..___/|...|..\..|.(..<_>.|.<_>..)....
> .\______../\___.._\__|../__|..\____/.\____/......
> ........\/.....\/.....\/..........................
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Tapestry and dynamic HTML

Patrick Casey

        You could also just use your old javascript techniques. There's no
reason you can't use your own javascript with tapestry generated pages.
Sometimes the old way is still the best way...

        --- Pat

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pablo Ruggia [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 9:59 PM
> To: Tapestry users
> Subject: Re: Tapestry and dynamic HTML
>
> Barbara:
>
> You have not that class of support (js) in defaults components.
> But wiht a combination of Block and RenderBlock components you can get
> that behavior.
> In the template, you will have some blocks, lets say block1@Block,
> block2@Block and block3@Block.
> You will have then a render block with a "block" block parameter value
> like "ognl:selectedBlock" and in your page you will have a method:
> public Block getSelectedBlock() which returns the correct block to
> render basing on some logic of your business.
>
> You can look an example in tapestry components reference form RenderBlock:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/ComponentReference/RenderBlock.html
>
> Let me know if that helped you.
>
> On 5/9/05, Stanczak Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Yes, look in the component reference documents.
> >
> > Barbara Raitz wrote:
> >
> > >Hi, I'm new to Tapestry and am trying to figure out how to do the
> following:
> > >
> > >I have an HTML form with three <div> sections (filled with form input
> > >fields).  All the content  is known in advance, but I want to
> > >dynamically display/hide the div sections to guide the user through
> > >the flow.  I've done this before with javascript...  As a newbe, I'm
> > >having a very hard time trying to figure out how to integrate the
> > >javascript with Tapestry.  Then maybe I thought Tapestry had a
> > >component that would help me do this (a block component?  a
> formConditional ?)
> > >
> > >any advice?
> > >
> > >thanks!
> > >Barbara
> > >
> > >---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > --
> > Justin Stanczak
> > Stanczak Group
> > 812-735-3600
> >
> > "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
> nothing."
> > Edmund Burke
> >
> > ..________...............__.................
> > ./  _____/..____..._____/..|_..____...____....
> > /...\..____/.__.\./....\...__\/.._.\./._..\....
> > \....\_\..\..___/|...|..\..|.(..<_>.|.<_>..)....
> > .\______../\___.._\__|../__|..\____/.\____/......
> > ........\/.....\/.....\/..........................
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]