Tapestry is a sinking Ship

12

Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Emmanuel Sowah
Hi Tapestry sect,

The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other commiters have abandoned it. Tapestry is now a sinking ship, and Mr Ship himself has abandoned this sinking ship.
Over the years, I have been predicting the fall of Tapestry. Because I saw early on that the framework is seriously flawed, techically, and therefore would die.  Finally those days are now numbered. Some listened and left to better frameworks like Wicket. Even Howard used Wicket many times on his clients projects. Others didn't. And I really feel sorry for them.
The ship is sinking fast. And the founder himself, the wildly bearded Mr. Ship, has ran off board. My advice to you all is quit now before the ship drowns. Migrate to Wicket or AngularJS. Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry. Quit this Tapestry sect NOW!

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

dickleyjones
and if we don't what are you gonna do about it

JT

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

JT
We did. To angularjs and react.
On Feb 12, 2016 2:19 PM, "Emmanuel Sowah" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tapestry sect,
>
> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
> commiters have abandoned it. Tapestry is now a sinking ship, and Mr Ship
> himself has abandoned this sinking ship.
> Over the years, I have been predicting the fall of Tapestry. Because I saw
> early on that the framework is seriously flawed, techically, and therefore
> would die.  Finally those days are now numbered. Some listened and left to
> better frameworks like Wicket. Even Howard used Wicket many times on his
> clients projects. Others didn't. And I really feel sorry for them.
> The ship is sinking fast. And the founder himself, the wildly bearded Mr.
> Ship, has ran off board. My advice to you all is quit now before the ship
> drowns. Migrate to Wicket or AngularJS. Even Thiago has secretly abandoned
> Tapestry. Quit this Tapestry sect NOW!

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

dickleyjones
ok then.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 2:55 PM, JT <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We did. To angularjs and react.
> On Feb 12, 2016 2:19 PM, "Emmanuel Sowah" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Tapestry sect,
> >
> > The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
> > commiters have abandoned it. Tapestry is now a sinking ship, and Mr Ship
> > himself has abandoned this sinking ship.
> > Over the years, I have been predicting the fall of Tapestry. Because I
> saw
> > early on that the framework is seriously flawed, techically, and
> therefore
> > would die.  Finally those days are now numbered. Some listened and left
> > better frameworks like Wicket. Even Howard used Wicket many times on his
> > clients projects. Others didn't. And I really feel sorry for them.
> > The ship is sinking fast. And the founder himself, the wildly bearded Mr.
> > Ship, has ran off board. My advice to you all is quit now before the ship
> > drowns. Migrate to Wicket or AngularJS. Even Thiago has secretly
> abandoned
> > Tapestry. Quit this Tapestry sect NOW!

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:19:28 -0200, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Tapestry sect,

Hi, insistent, annoying, repetitive, low-quality troll!

> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
> commiters have abandoned it.

This is not true. Just check Jira and the Git logs.

> Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry.

I have not, and you're telling a lie.

I'm just answering this troll because of the lies he keeps on spreading,
which are bordering on defamation.

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

David Taylor
If Tapestry is so terrible, why waste all the energy? Just to be obnoxious?

We would abandon Tapestry tomorrow if it weren't so bloody fast and easy
to extend.

emailsig On 2/12/2016 3:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:19:28 -0200, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tapestry sect,
>

>> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
>> commiters have abandoned it.
>
> This is not true. Just check Jira and the Git logs.
>
>> Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry.
>
> I have not, and you're telling a lie.
>
> I'm just answering this troll because of the lies he keeps on
> spreading, which are bordering on defamation.

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

NutterzUK
The only reason you email the Tapestry users group is because Tapestry
Users has many subscribers.

The only reason Tapestery Users has many subscribers is because Tapestry is
not dead.

On 12 February 2016 at 22:00, David Taylor <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> If Tapestry is so terrible, why waste all the energy? Just to be obnoxious?
>
> We would abandon Tapestry tomorrow if it weren't so bloody fast and easy
> to extend.
>

> emailsig On 2/12/2016 3:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:19:28 -0200, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tapestry sect,
>>>

>> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
>>> commiters have abandoned it.
>>>

>> This is not true. Just check Jira and the Git logs.
>>
>> Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry.
>>>

>> I have not, and you're telling a lie.
>>
>> I'm just answering this troll because of the lies he keeps on spreading,
>> which are bordering on defamation.

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

dickleyjones
i still know what he/she is gonna do about it.

JT

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

JT
Not dead, yet but soon.
On Feb 12, 2016 5:07 PM, "Stephen Nutbrown" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The only reason you email the Tapestry users group is because Tapestry
> Users has many subscribers.
>
> The only reason Tapestery Users has many subscribers is because Tapestry is
> not dead.
>

> On 12 February 2016 at 22:00, David Taylor <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > If Tapestry is so terrible, why waste all the energy? Just to be
> obnoxious?
> >
> > We would abandon Tapestry tomorrow if it weren't so bloody fast and easy
> > to extend.
> >

> > emailsig On 2/12/2016 3:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:19:28 -0200, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Tapestry sect,
> >>>

> >> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
> >>>

> >> This is not true. Just check Jira and the Git logs.
> >>
> >> Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry.
> >>>

> >> I have not, and you're telling a lie.
> >>
> >> I'm just answering this troll because of the lies he keeps on spreading,
> >> which are bordering on defamation.

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

dickleyjones
we'll all be dead, soon.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:18 PM, JT <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not dead, yet but soon.
> On Feb 12, 2016 5:07 PM, "Stephen Nutbrown" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The only reason you email the Tapestry users group is because Tapestry
> > Users has many subscribers.
> >
> > The only reason Tapestery Users has many subscribers is because Tapestry
> is
> > not dead.
> >

> > On 12 February 2016 at 22:00, David Taylor <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > If Tapestry is so terrible, why waste all the energy? Just to be
> > obnoxious?
> > >
> > > We would abandon Tapestry tomorrow if it weren't so bloody fast and
> easy
> > > to extend.

> spreading,

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

h3ph3st0s
Hi, I met your framework couple days ago. From Wednsday till this
moment, I managed to compile a pet project in maven, loaded in eclipse,
studied code, started to work in an agile but solo way and now I have:
4 screens under tabbed layout
1 page with grid and a form to submit a simple information
1 page with dynamic editable grid which has paging and IS NOT losing
information during paging without using weird calls server-client
1 page that loads a whole directory as TreeBrowser. The user can access
the nodes and can download each node when it is a file. AWESOME.
1 page that uploads files. Just that.

And this is an application for a customer to present. I find the
framework pretty good, fast if you have some proper solid guidance, such
as jumpstart ( very nice ).
And I believe that it has so tight connection to javascript is a must in
comparison to proprietary adversaries with proprietary language tags.

So all this I did it in 2 days. I have experience with other framework
again in Java so some concepts are not new. Not even the model how to
combine parts.

I would like to share what I didn't like for reference.

  * I didn't fully grasp how to handle Javascript. After all I want to
    incorporate a plain javascript so simple as alert hello in my page
    and I got lost with the explanations in various pages. Really that
    needs fix. To tell the truth I just wanted to make some
    event.stopPropagate commands over palette object!.....sad story

  * The eclipse does not have autocomplete for the tml files. But it is
    not so bad. ( I didn't look myself very hard to find it.....probably
    didn't want it that much )

  * Last I do not understand why someone built a palette object and not
    a simple Listbox for a start.

I wish all the best for a very nice job you have done
Cheers
Dimitris

On 2016-02-13 0:08, joe schacher wrote:

> i still know what he/she is gonna do about it.
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Stephen Nutbrown <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> The only reason you email the Tapestry users group is because Tapestry
>> Users has many subscribers.
>>
>> The only reason Tapestery Users has many subscribers is because Tapestry is
>> not dead.
>>

>> On 12 February 2016 at 22:00, David Taylor <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If Tapestry is so terrible, why waste all the energy? Just to be
>> obnoxious?
>>> We would abandon Tapestry tomorrow if it weren't so bloody fast and easy
>>> to extend.

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Thai Tran
still trolling ?!?!? :)))

> On 13 Feb 2016, at 6:19 AM, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tapestry sect,
>
> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other commiters have abandoned it. Tapestry is now a sinking ship, and Mr Ship himself has abandoned this sinking ship.
> Over the years, I have been predicting the fall of Tapestry. Because I saw early on that the framework is seriously flawed, techically, and therefore would die.  Finally those days are now numbered. Some listened and left to better frameworks like Wicket. Even Howard used Wicket many times on his clients projects. Others didn't. And I really feel sorry for them.
> The ship is sinking fast. And the founder himself, the wildly bearded Mr. Ship, has ran off board. My advice to you all is quit now before the ship drowns. Migrate to Wicket or AngularJS. Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry. Quit this Tapestry sect NOW!

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Kalle Korhonen-2
For Eclipse, you want to install Dmitry Gusev's excellent Tapestry plugin
https://github.com/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin.

By the way, I agree with your comments about javascript documentation. It's
great if you've been working with Javascript and AMD modules before, but
totally lost if you haven't.

Kalle

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 2:28 PM, h3ph3st0s <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I met your framework couple days ago. From Wednsday till this moment,
> I managed to compile a pet project in maven, loaded in eclipse, studied
> code, started to work in an agile but solo way and now I have:
> 4 screens under tabbed layout
> 1 page with grid and a form to submit a simple information
> 1 page with dynamic editable grid which has paging and IS NOT losing
> information during paging without using weird calls server-client
> 1 page that loads a whole directory as TreeBrowser. The user can access
> the nodes and can download each node when it is a file. AWESOME.
> 1 page that uploads files. Just that.
>
> And this is an application for a customer to present. I find the framework
> pretty good, fast if you have some proper solid guidance, such as jumpstart
> ( very nice ).
> And I believe that it has so tight connection to javascript is a must in
> comparison to proprietary adversaries with proprietary language tags.
>
> So all this I did it in 2 days. I have experience with other framework
> again in Java so some concepts are not new. Not even the model how to
> combine parts.
>
> I would like to share what I didn't like for reference.
>
>  * I didn't fully grasp how to handle Javascript. After all I want to
>    incorporate a plain javascript so simple as alert hello in my page
>    and I got lost with the explanations in various pages. Really that
>    needs fix. To tell the truth I just wanted to make some
>    event.stopPropagate commands over palette object!.....sad story
>
>  * The eclipse does not have autocomplete for the tml files. But it is
>    not so bad. ( I didn't look myself very hard to find it.....probably
>    didn't want it that much )
>
>  * Last I do not understand why someone built a palette object and not
>    a simple Listbox for a start.
>
> I wish all the best for a very nice job you have done
> Cheers
> Dimitris
>

> On 2016-02-13 0:08, joe schacher wrote:
>
>> i still know what he/she is gonna do about it.
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Stephen Nutbrown <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The only reason you email the Tapestry users group is because Tapestry
>>> Users has many subscribers.
>>>
>>> The only reason Tapestery Users has many subscribers is because Tapestry
>>> is
>>> not dead.
>>>

>>> On 12 February 2016 at 22:00, David Taylor <
>>> [hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> If Tapestry is so terrible, why waste all the energy? Just to be
>>>>
>>> obnoxious?

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Ilya Obshadko-2
Thiago, I have an idea.

Why don't we ban this poor excuse of an idiot from a mailing list and
address real problems latest release has?

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:19:28 -0200, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Tapestry sect,
>>

> Hi, insistent, annoying, repetitive, low-quality troll!
>
> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
>> commiters have abandoned it.
>>

> This is not true. Just check Jira and the Git logs.
>
> Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry.
>>

> I have not, and you're telling a lie.
>
> I'm just answering this troll because of the lies he keeps on spreading,
> which are bordering on defamation.

> http://machina.com.br

Ilya Obshadko

RE: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Svein-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
JT

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

JT
Shitty idea. All voice should be heard. Not just the one you like to hear.
On Feb 13, 2016 3:19 AM, "Ilya Obshadko" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thiago, I have an idea.
>
> Why don't we ban this poor excuse of an idiot from a mailing list and
> address real problems latest release has?
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:19:28 -0200, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tapestry sect,
> >>

> > Hi, insistent, annoying, repetitive, low-quality troll!
> >
> > The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
> >> commiters have abandoned it.
> >>

> > This is not true. Just check Jira and the Git logs.
> >
> > Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry.
> >>

> > I have not, and you're telling a lie.
> >
> > I'm just answering this troll because of the lies he keeps on spreading,
> > which are bordering on defamation.
> >
> > --
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
> > http://machina.com.br

> Ilya Obshadko

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Andreas Fink
I would rephrase it to: Everybody should be allowed to raise his voice but let me choose if i want to listen...
There are filter rules for 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in my mail client ;-)

Cheers,
Andi.

JT

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

JT
Just hit delete or better unsub. Lol
On Feb 13, 2016 11:36 AM, "Andreas Fink" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would rephrase it to: Everybody should be allowed to raise his voice but
> let me choose if i want to listen...
> There are filter rules for 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in my mail client ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Andi.
>
> On 13 Feb 2016, at 13:17 , JT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Shitty idea. All voice should be heard. Not just the one you like to
> hear.
> > On Feb 13, 2016 3:19 AM, "Ilya Obshadko" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Thiago, I have an idea.
> >>
> >> Why don't we ban this poor excuse of an idiot from a mailing list and
> >> address real problems latest release has?
> >>
> >> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Jens Breitenstein
JT please try to make some facebook friends and stop polluting our inbox with non-technical questions about something you do not use or understand at all. If something in T5 is not working, is to complicated feel free to give us samples and the members of the T5 sect will pick it up and improve the framework. This is how open source and democracy usually works. T5 is "code by convention", try "complain with substance" and we will listen, even to you.

Thanks

Jens

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

> Am 13.02.2016 um 17:39 schrieb JT <[hidden email]>:
>
> Just hit delete or better unsub. Lol
>> On Feb 13, 2016 11:36 AM, "Andreas Fink" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would rephrase it to: Everybody should be allowed to raise his voice but
>> let me choose if i want to listen...
>> There are filter rules for 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in my mail client ;-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andi.
>>
>>> On 13 Feb 2016, at 13:17 , JT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Shitty idea. All voice should be heard. Not just the one you like to
>> hear.

Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship

Numa Schmeder-5
Some people don’t have a life so they just spend it trolling :)
Just don’t understand the purpose of these statements, if you don’t like Tapestry or think it’s sinking, then just stop using it!
And really I know people like wicket, like people like AWT, but always found it to be inefficient to program any interface element with tons of code… You just want to add a label in Wicket it's 10 lines of code + 3 lines of HTML, clean but inefficient, well they are changing that now but still….

Long life to Tapestry ;)

Numa

> Le 13 févr. 2016 à 10:29, Svein-Erik Løken <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> In Norway we had trolls, but not anymore! This gay know how to get rid of them: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740707.
>
> BTW: I have been using T54 since the first beta and think it is a huge improvement from 5.3. You are moving Tapestry in the right direction. I have a lot of javascript interacting with T54 and uses ajax, zones, bootstrap without problems.
>
> BTW2: Is there any books covering Tapestry 5.4 in English? I have this excellent book: http://www.tapestry5book.com/ for T53, but it's a lot of new features in T54 to cover.
>
> S-E

> Sent: 13. februar 2016 09:20
> To: Svein-Erik Løken <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Tapestry is a sinking Ship
>
> Thiago, I have an idea.
>
> Why don't we ban this poor excuse of an idiot from a mailing list and
> address real problems latest release has?
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5732111&i=0>> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:19:28 -0200, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5732111&i=1>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tapestry sect,
>>>

>> Hi, insistent, annoying, repetitive, low-quality troll!
>>
>> The state of Tapestry now is very bad, as Howard and all the other
>>> commiters have abandoned it.
>>>

>> This is not true. Just check Jira and the Git logs.
>>
>> Even Thiago has secretly abandoned Tapestry.
>>>

>> I have not, and you're telling a lie.
>>
>> I'm just answering this troll because of the lies he keeps on spreading,
>> which are bordering on defamation.
>>
>> --
>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>> Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
>> http://machina.com.br

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5732111&i=3>
>>

> --
> Ilya Obshadko

> NAML<
http://apache-tapestry-mailing-list-archives.1045711.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

12