[VOTE] 5.4.0

Jochen Kemnade-4
Hi,

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
voted upon.

The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
is ready.

I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4-rc-1>

Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
appropriate notifications.

Jochen

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:17:01 -0200, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
> voted upon.
>
> The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4-rc-1>
>
> Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
> release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
> distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
> directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
> appropriate notifications.
>
> Jochen

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

françois facon
François Facon: +1 (non-binding)

:

> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)
>

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:17:01 -0200, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>

>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
>> voted upon.
>>
>> The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>>
>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
>>
>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
>> is ready.
>>
>> I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
>>

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
>> <
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4-rc-1
>> >

>> Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
>> release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
>> distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
>> directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
>> appropriate notifications.
>>
>> Jochen

> http://machina.com.br

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Kalle Korhonen-2
Kalle Korhonen: +1 (non-binding)
On Dec 15, 2015 1:50 PM, "françois facon" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> François Facon: +1 (non-binding)

> [hidden email]>
> :
>
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)
> >

> > On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:17:01 -0200, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >>
> >> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
> >> voted upon.
> >>
> >> The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
> >>
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >>
> >> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >>
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
> >>
> >> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
> >> is ready.
> >>
> >> I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
> >>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
> >> <
> >>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4-rc-1
> >> >

> >> Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
> >> release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
> >> distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
> >> directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
> >> appropriate notifications.
> >>
> >> Jochen
> >>

> > --
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
> > http://machina.com.br

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Dimitris Zenios
Dimitris Zenios: +1 (non-binding)

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Kalle Korhonen: +1 (non-binding)
> On Dec 15, 2015 1:50 PM, "françois facon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > François Facon: +1 (non-binding)

> > [hidden email]>
> > :
> >
> > > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)
> > >

> > > On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:17:01 -0200, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
> > >>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4-rc-1

> > > --
> > > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > > Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
> > > http://machina.com.br

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Andreas Ernst
Andreas Ernst: +1 (non-binding)

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Chris Poulsen
Chris Poulsen: +1 (non-binding)

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Andreas Ernst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andreas Ernst: +1 (non-binding)
>
> Am 15.12.15 um 17:17 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
>> voted upon.
>>
>> The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>>
>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
>>
>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
>> is ready.
>>
>> I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
>>

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
>> <
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4-rc-1
>> >

>> Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
>> release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
>> distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
>> directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
>> appropriate notifications.
>>
>> Jochen
>>

> --
> ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
> Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
> Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
> Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
> [hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
> www.tachyon-online.de

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

bobharner
Bob Harner: +1 (non-binding)

I tried it out on a couple of my apps and it seems to work perfectly.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 6:48 AM, Chris Poulsen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Chris Poulsen: +1 (non-binding)
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Andreas Ernst <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Andreas Ernst: +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > Am 15.12.15 um 17:17 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
> >
> > Hi,
> >>
> >> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
> >> voted upon.
> >>
> >> The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
> >>
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >>
> >> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >>
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
> >>
> >> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
> >> is ready.
> >>
> >> I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
> >>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
> >> <
> >>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4-rc-1
> >> >

> >> Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
> >> release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
> >> distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
> >> directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
> >> appropriate notifications.
> >>
> >> Jochen
> >>

> > --
> > ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
> > Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
> > Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
> > Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
> > [hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
> > www.tachyon-online.de

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Massimo Lusetti
Massimo Lusetti: +1 (binding)

--
Massimo Lusetti

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Jochen Kemnade-4
Jochen Kemnade: +1 (binding)

Am 15.12.2015 um 17:17 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:

> Hi,
>
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
> voted upon.
>
> The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
>

> Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
> release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
> distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
> directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
> appropriate notifications.
>

> Jochen

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Jochen Kemnade-4
The vote passes, I'll release the artifacts and archives.

As my time is currently very limited, any help with the other steps,
e.g. the Confluence and JIRA updates, is very welcome, see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Release+Process for
reference.

Binding votes:
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
Massimo Lusetti: +1
Jochen Kemnade: +1

Non-binding votes:
François Facon: +1
Kalle Korhonen: +1
Dimitris Zenios: +1
Andreas Ernst: +1
Chris Poulsen: +1
Bob Harner: +1

Am 15.12.2015 um 17:17 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:

> Hi,
>
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
> voted upon.
>
> The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
>

> Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
> release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
> distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
> directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
> appropriate notifications.
>

> Jochen

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

bobharner
Thanks, Jochen!

I've updated the https://tapestry.apache.org/download.html page and all the
other Confluence places, and the maven-archetype.xml and doap.rdf files, so
I think all of Step 10 (at https://tapestry.apache.org/release-process.html)
is done. I don't have access to do the JIRA part (step 5, including the
release notes). So after the JIRA part, I think the only other things left
would be in step 11 (Blog & Tweet).

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The vote passes, I'll release the artifacts and archives.
>
> As my time is currently very limited, any help with the other steps,
> e.g. the Confluence and JIRA updates, is very welcome, see
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Release+Process for
> reference.
>
> Binding votes:
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
> Massimo Lusetti: +1
> Jochen Kemnade: +1
>
> Non-binding votes:
> François Facon: +1
> Kalle Korhonen: +1
> Dimitris Zenios: +1
> Andreas Ernst: +1
> Chris Poulsen: +1
> Bob Harner: +1
>
> Am 15.12.2015 um 17:17 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
> > voted upon.
> >
> > The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
> > is ready.
> >
> > I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
> >

> > Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
> > release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
> > distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
> > directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
> > appropriate notifications.
> >

> > Jochen

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Jochen Kemnade-4
Great, thanks a lot, Bob.
I just made the JIRA changes and wrote a blog entry. Could someone please
announce the release on the users list and on Twitter?
Well then, I guess we made it, and just in time for Christmas. ;-)
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen.
Enjoy the last days of the year of the Tapestry 5.4 release! Have a good
time (and a Merry Christmas, if you're into that sort of thing) and prepare
for the 5.5 release planning. ;-)

Jochen

Bob Harner <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 20. Dez. 2015 um 03:04 Uhr:

> Thanks, Jochen!
>
> I've updated the https://tapestry.apache.org/download.html page and all
> the
> other Confluence places, and the maven-archetype.xml and doap.rdf files, so
> I think all of Step 10 (at
> https://tapestry.apache.org/release-process.html)
> is done. I don't have access to do the JIRA part (step 5, including the
> release notes). So after the JIRA part, I think the only other things left
> would be in step 11 (Blog & Tweet).
>
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > The vote passes, I'll release the artifacts and archives.
> >
> > As my time is currently very limited, any help with the other steps,
> > e.g. the Confluence and JIRA updates, is very welcome, see
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Release+Process for
> > reference.
> >
> > Binding votes:
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
> > Massimo Lusetti: +1
> > Jochen Kemnade: +1
> >
> > Non-binding votes:
> > François Facon: +1
> > Kalle Korhonen: +1
> > Dimitris Zenios: +1
> > Andreas Ernst: +1
> > Chris Poulsen: +1
> > Bob Harner: +1
> >
> > Am 15.12.2015 um 17:17 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.4.0, ready to be
> > > voted upon.
> > >
> > > The source and binary downloads are uploaded to:
> > >
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> > >
> > > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> > >
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging
> > >
> > > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.4.0,
> > > is ready.
> > >
> > > I've also created a 5.4.0 tag in Git:
> > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0
> > >

> > > Vote will run for three days at least; On a successful vote, I'll
> > > release the Maven artifacts, and move the source and javadoc
> > > distributions from these directories to the proper distribution
> > > directories and update the Tapestry site documentation, and send out
> > > appropriate notifications.
> > >

> > > Jochen

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Kalle Korhonen-2
You did an amazing job Jochen. Bob (I bet you know the cause right away),
many if not all of the image links on the documentation pages are broken,
for example see http://tapestry.apache.org/runtime-exceptions.html. Where
were the images stored before?

Kalle

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:46 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great, thanks a lot, Bob.
> I just made the JIRA changes and wrote a blog entry. Could someone please
> announce the release on the users list and on Twitter?
> Well then, I guess we made it, and just in time for Christmas. ;-)
> Congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen.
> Enjoy the last days of the year of the Tapestry 5.4 release! Have a good
> time (and a Merry Christmas, if you're into that sort of thing) and prepare
> for the 5.5 release planning. ;-)
>
> Jochen
>
> Bob Harner <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 20. Dez. 2015 um 03:04
> Uhr:
>
> > Thanks, Jochen!
> >
> > I've updated the https://tapestry.apache.org/download.html page and all
> > the
> > other Confluence places, and the maven-archetype.xml and doap.rdf files,
> so
> > I think all of Step 10 (at
> > https://tapestry.apache.org/release-process.html)
> > is done. I don't have access to do the JIRA part (step 5, including the
> > release notes). So after the JIRA part, I think the only other things
> left
> > would be in step 11 (Blog & Tweet).
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > The vote passes, I'll release the artifacts and archives.
> > >
> > > As my time is currently very limited, any help with the other steps,
> > > e.g. the Confluence and JIRA updates, is very welcome, see
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Release+Process
> for
> > > reference.
> > >
> > > Binding votes:
> > > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
> > > Massimo Lusetti: +1
> > > Jochen Kemnade: +1
> > >
> > > Non-binding votes:
> > > François Facon: +1
> > > Kalle Korhonen: +1
> > > Dimitris Zenios: +1
> > > Andreas Ernst: +1
> > > Chris Poulsen: +1
> > > Bob Harner: +1

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

Kalle Korhonen-2
Answering to myself, they are stored in Confluence. I say it looks like the
problem's caused by a space in the image filename because the fourth image
on the same page works ok. Trying it out. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Kalle

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> You did an amazing job Jochen. Bob (I bet you know the cause right away),
> many if not all of the image links on the documentation pages are broken,
> for example see http://tapestry.apache.org/runtime-exceptions.html. Where
> were the images stored before?
>
> Kalle
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:46 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Great, thanks a lot, Bob.
>> I just made the JIRA changes and wrote a blog entry. Could someone please
>> announce the release on the users list and on Twitter?
>> Well then, I guess we made it, and just in time for Christmas. ;-)
>> Congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen.
>> Enjoy the last days of the year of the Tapestry 5.4 release! Have a good
>> time (and a Merry Christmas, if you're into that sort of thing) and
>> prepare
>> for the 5.5 release planning. ;-)
>>
>> Jochen
>>
>> Bob Harner <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 20. Dez. 2015 um 03:04
>> Uhr:
>>
>> > Thanks, Jochen!
>> >
>> > I've updated the https://tapestry.apache.org/download.html page and all
>> > the
>> > other Confluence places, and the maven-archetype.xml and doap.rdf
>> files, so
>> > I think all of Step 10 (at
>> > https://tapestry.apache.org/release-process.html)
>> > is done. I don't have access to do the JIRA part (step 5, including the
>> > release notes). So after the JIRA part, I think the only other things
>> left
>> > would be in step 11 (Blog & Tweet).

>> for

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.4.0

Re: [VOTE] 5.4.0

bobharner
I sent out the announcement on the users mailing list yesterday and tweeted
using the apachetapestry account.

I verified that the maven archetype works for 5.4.

Also, 2 steps that I think are missing from the Release Process
documentation:

1) I updated the "current" symbolic link to point to the 5.4 directory
today.

2) The 5.4 apidocs (JavaDocs) directory hasn't been updated yet (the
http://tapestry.apache.org/5.4/apidocs files are dated July 19, 2015 and
still say "Tapestry API - 5.4-beta-22"). I'll try to update those in a few
days if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 1:00 AM, Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Answering to myself, they are stored in Confluence. I say it looks like the
> problem's caused by a space in the image filename because the fourth image
> on the same page works ok. Trying it out. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
>
> Kalle
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Kalle Korhonen <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > You did an amazing job Jochen. Bob (I bet you know the cause right away),
> > many if not all of the image links on the documentation pages are broken,
> > for example see http://tapestry.apache.org/runtime-exceptions.html.
> Where
> > were the images stored before?
> >
> > Kalle
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:46 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Great, thanks a lot, Bob.
> >> I just made the JIRA changes and wrote a blog entry. Could someone
> please
> >> announce the release on the users list and on Twitter?
> >> Well then, I guess we made it, and just in time for Christmas. ;-)
> >> Congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen.
> >> Enjoy the last days of the year of the Tapestry 5.4 release! Have a good
> >> time (and a Merry Christmas, if you're into that sort of thing) and
> >> prepare
> >> for the 5.5 release planning. ;-)
> >>
> >> Jochen
> >>
> >> Bob Harner <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 20. Dez. 2015 um 03:04
> >> Uhr:

> all
> >> files, so
> the