[VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be voted
upon.

The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is ready.

I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0

Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
negative binding votes.

On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.

Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Christopher
÷1 Christopher Dodunski (non binding)

On 2020-08-24 06:31, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be
> voted
> upon.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is
> ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval
> from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Andreas Ernst
÷1 Andreas Ernst (non binding)

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Ben Weidig
+ 1 Ben Weidig (non binding)

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 5:43 AM Andreas Ernst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ÷1 Andreas Ernst (non binding)
>
> Am 23.08.20 um 20:31 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:
> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be voted
> > upon.
> >
> > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >
> >      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is
> ready.
> >
> > I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:
> >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0
> >
> > Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > negative binding votes.
> >
> > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >
> > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > the end-of-vote summary).
> >

> --
> ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
> Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
> Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
> Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
> [hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
> www.tachyon-online.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Bob Harner: +1 (binding)

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020, 2:32 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 3:31 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Massimo Lusetti
Massimo Lusetti: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 4:10 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)
>
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 3:31 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be voted
> > upon.
> >
> > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >
> >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is
> ready.
> >
> > I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:
> >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0
> >
> > Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > negative binding votes.
> >
> > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >
> > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > the end-of-vote summary).
> >
> > --
> > Thiago

Massimo Lusetti

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Kalle Korhonen-2
Kalle Korhonen: +1 (binding)

Well done Thiago!

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 6:03 PM Massimo Lusetti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Massimo Lusetti: +1 (binding)
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 4:10 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 3:31 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be
> voted
> > > upon.
> > >
> > > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> > >
> > >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> > >
> > > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> > >
> > > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is
> > ready.
> > >
> > > I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0
> > >
> > > Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval
> from
> > > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > > negative binding votes.
> > >
> > > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> > >
> > > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > > the end-of-vote summary).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thiago
> > >

> > --
> > Thiago

> Massimo Lusetti

[SUCCESS] [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Hello, community!

The vote passes. Thanks for all the input! The artifacts should be
available in the central Maven repository soon and later today I'll perform
the other release tasks (announcement e-mail, Tweet, blog post, updating
the site, etc).

Binding votes:
Bob Harner: +1
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
Massimo Lusetti: +1
Kalle Korhonen: +1

Non-binding votes:
Christopher Dodunski: +1
Andreas Ernst: +1
Ben Weidig: +1

[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.6.0, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.x, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.6.0 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.6.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [SUCCESS] [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.6.0

Numa Schmeder-5
++++1

Great news ! Congratulations ! Happy to see tapestry is well and alive.

Just wondering, shouldn’t we rework the JS part, it’s written in coffeescript, it’s good but not self documented and as convenient as typescript, do we still need something like underscore ?
I like underscores, but it’s 60K for just a few functions… Also we should have a page documenting the public js api, to be able to easily hook inside form validation, ajax callbacks, etc…
I really like the way js has been improved with components, using require.
But from my experience, we should add a few components to be able to do the following:
a javascript/asset component that allows to include a js file in the header or the footer, with an order preference. Order should be taken into consideration with default tapestry js files, this would allow to include a js file before or after all tapestry files.
The same should apply for css. I know we can do all this with a competent and javascriptSupport or other methodology. But there should be a more convenient and easy way to include css, js in the page rendering.

What do you think ?

Cheers
Numa Schmeder