[VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

Howard Lewis Ship
Although it hasn't been long since alpha-2, I'd like to release the
next alpha of Tapestry 4.0. Why?  A few things have settled down, some
bugs have been fixed, a few really key features have been added, and I
think the Portlet support is now complete.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

RE: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

richard.hensley
I'm all for this considering, I'm starting the port process of an
application.

+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

pferraro
Paul Ferraro: +1 (binding)

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>Although it hasn't been long since alpha-2, I'd like to release the
>next alpha of Tapestry 4.0. Why?  A few things have settled down, some
>bugs have been fixed, a few really key features have been added, and I
>think the Portlet support is now complete.
>
>Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

Harish Krishnaswamy
Harish Krishnaswamy: +1 (binding)

On 5/12/05, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Although it hasn't been long since alpha-2, I'd like to release the
> next alpha of Tapestry 4.0. Why?  A few things have settled down, some
> bugs have been fixed, a few really key features have been added, and I
> think the Portlet support is now complete.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

Brian K. Wallace

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

Erik Hatcher
+1 (binding)

On May 12, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Hensley, Richard wrote:

> I'm all for this considering, I'm starting the port process of an
> application.
>
> +1 (non-binding)

Richard Lewis-Shell
Richard Lewis-Shell: +1 (binding)

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> Although it hasn't been long since alpha-2, I'd like to release the
> next alpha of Tapestry 4.0. Why?  A few things have settled down, some
> bugs have been fixed, a few really key features have been added, and I
> think the Portlet support is now complete.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

David Solis
David Solis: +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

Geoff Longman
Geoff Longman: +1

On 5/12/05, David Solis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> David Solis: +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

Geoff Longman
Whoa - just ran into something in my quest to port Spindle over. The
Messages strategy used by Hivemind and thus now by Tapestry makes it
hard for Spindle to produce messages identical to those one would see
at runtime.

Would it be a real pain to change this

private static final MessageFormatter _formatter

(found in all the Messages subclasses I've looked at so far) into this..

protected static final MessageFormatter _formatter

That way I can subclass the Messages and add Spindle specific stuff.

This impacts quite a few classes in Tapestry *and* Hivemind BTW.

Geoff

P.S. I know that these classes are package protected and that's fine I
can deal with that.

On 5/12/05, Geoff Longman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Geoff Longman: +1
>
> On 5/12/05, David Solis <[hidden email] > wrote:
> > David Solis: +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

Geoff Longman
And in the case of org.apache.hivemind.parse.ParseMessages, the class
is final...why?

Geoff

On 5/12/05, Geoff Longman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Whoa - just ran into something in my quest to port Spindle over. The
> Messages strategy used by Hivemind and thus now by Tapestry makes it
> hard for Spindle to produce messages identical to those one would see
> at runtime.
>
> Would it be a real pain to change this
>
> private static final MessageFormatter _formatter
>
> (found in all the Messages subclasses I've looked at so far) into this..
>
> protected static final MessageFormatter _formatter
>
> That way I can subclass the Messages and add Spindle specific stuff.
>
> This impacts quite a few classes in Tapestry *and* Hivemind BTW.
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. I know that these classes are package protected and that's fine I
> can deal with that.
>
> On 5/12/05, Geoff Longman <[hidden email] > wrote:
> > Geoff Longman: +1
> >
> > On 5/12/05, David Solis <[hidden email] > wrote:
> > > David Solis: +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

tsvetelin.saykov
Tsvetelin Saykov +1

On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:21:01 -0400, Howard Lewis Ship wrote

> Although it hasn't been long since alpha-2, I'd like to release the
> next alpha of Tapestry 4.0. Why?  A few things have settled down,
>  some bugs have been fixed, a few really key features have been
> added, and I think the Portlet support is now complete.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

I'm in the process of changing HiveMind and Tapestry so that these
classes are not final.

I'm making the variable "protected static" instead of "private static final".

On 5/12/05, Geoff Longman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And in the case of org.apache.hivemind.parse.ParseMessages, the class
> is final...why?
>
> Geoff
>
> On 5/12/05, Geoff Longman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Whoa - just ran into something in my quest to port Spindle over. The
> > Messages strategy used by Hivemind and thus now by Tapestry makes it
> > hard for Spindle to produce messages identical to those one would see
> > at runtime.
> >
> > Would it be a real pain to change this
> >
> > private static final MessageFormatter _formatter
> >
> > (found in all the Messages subclasses I've looked at so far) into this..
> >
> > protected static final MessageFormatter _formatter
> >
> > That way I can subclass the Messages and add Spindle specific stuff.
> >
> > This impacts quite a few classes in Tapestry *and* Hivemind BTW.
> >
> > Geoff
> >
> > P.S. I know that these classes are package protected and that's fine I
> > can deal with that.
> >
> > On 5/12/05, Geoff Longman <[hidden email] > wrote:
> > > Geoff Longman: +1

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

[RESULT] Release Tapestry 4.0-alpha-3

On 5/12/05, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Although it hasn't been long since alpha-2, I'd like to release the
> next alpha of Tapestry 4.0. Why? A few things have settled down, some
> bugs have been fixed, a few really key features have been added, and I
> think the Portlet support is now complete.

Binding votes:

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
Paul Ferraro: +1
Harish Krishnaswamy: +1