[VOTE] Remove default-binding

12

[VOTE] Remove default-binding

Howard Lewis Ship
OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.

This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

RE: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

richard.hensley
+1 Non-binding

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

nirvdrum
Pardon my ignorance, but how does the whole voting thing work anyway?
Do only developers get to vote?  Are the votes just -1, 0, +1?

Thanks,
Kevin

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Pablo Ruggia
Yes, I'm curious too. Also, what is the difference between a bindind and a
non-binding vote ?

On 7/27/05, Kevin Menard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but how does the whole voting thing work anyway?
> Do only developers get to vote? Are the votes just -1, 0, +1?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough. I'm willing to strip
> > out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> > Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> > template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
> >
> > This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> > work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> > code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
> >
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Richard Lewis-Shell
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html

Kevin Menard wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but how does the whole voting thing work anyway?
> Do only developers get to vote?  Are the votes just -1, 0, +1?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>>OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
>>out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
>>Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
>>template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>>
>>This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
>>work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
>>code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>>
>>Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Brian K. Wallace

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Brian K. Wallace

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Only committer votes are binding.

Expressing an opinion by casting non-binding votes is a good way to
establish a presence in the developer community; it's one prerequisite
towards eventually becoming a committer.

On 7/27/05, Kevin Menard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but how does the whole voting thing work anyway?
> Do only developers get to vote?  Are the votes just -1, 0, +1?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> > out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> > Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> > template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
> >
> > This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> > work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> > code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
> >
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Richard Lewis-Shell
Richard Lewis-Shell: +1 (binding)

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.

Kevin Menard: -1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Robert Zeigler-2
-0 (non-binding)
I still feel that the ambiguity introduced into tp4 by removing the
various binding elements (static-binding, etc.) makes the choice of
literal as default for both templates and specifications the correct
one.  But I'm willing to live with it either way.

Robert Zeigler

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Erik Hatcher
All my fault, and I take back the pain it's caused.

Erik Hatcher: +1 (binding)

Caveat: I won't be able to test this - I have no Tap4 app in
development at the moment, sorry.

On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Mikaël Cluseau
+1 (non-binding) -- previous message wasn't on the list...

Le mercredi 27 juillet 2005 à 18:45 -0400, Howard Lewis Ship a écrit :

> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Henri Dupre
+1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

David Taylor
+1 (non-binding)

Better to keep things simple and easy to remember. While I prefer the
cleaner look of default bindings, IMHO we will be better off in the long
term if we don't let the genie out of the bottle.
--
David Taylor

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
>out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
>Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
>template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
>This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
>work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
>code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
>Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Paul Ferraro-2
Paul Ferraro: +1 (binding)

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
>out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
>Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
>template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
>This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
>work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
>code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
>Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Geoff Longman
Geoff Longman: +1

On 7/27/05, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle:
Announcement Feed:
http://www.jroller.com/rss/glongman?catname=/Announcements
Feature Updates:            http://spindle.sf.net/updates

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Jamie Orchard-Hays
Jamie Orchard-Hays: +1 (non-binding)

On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Jamie Orchard-Hays
I wish you could!  ;-)

On Jul 27, 2005, at 7:46 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> All my fault, and I take back the pain it's caused.
>
> Erik Hatcher: +1 (binding)
>
> Caveat: I won't be able to test this - I have no Tap4 app in
> development at the moment, sorry.
>
> On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
>> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
>> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
>> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>>
>> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
>> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
>> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent
>> errors.
>>
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
>>
>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>> Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
>> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
>> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
>>
>> Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
>> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Remove default-binding

Nick Westgate (Work)
+1 (non-binding)

Not using T4 quite yet though unfortunately.

Cheers,
Nick.

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> OK ... this discussion has gone on long enough.  I'm willing to strip
> out the default-binding stuff and replace it with a simpler approach.
> Attributes will be intepreted as literals (unless prefixed) in the
> template, and as OGNL expressions (unless prefixed) elsewhere.
>
> This is a potentially de-stabilizing change; I am willing to do the
> work, but will expect others to pitch in and test (that is, pull down
> code and build apps against it), to help track down any latent errors.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

12