[VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Hello!

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
voted upon.

The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
is ready.

I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2

It includes the following tickets:

Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
negative binding votes.

On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.

Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 10:15 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
> voted upon.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
>
> It includes the following tickets:
>
> Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Andreas Ernst
Andreas Ernst: +1 (non-binding)

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

balapal
Balazs Palcso: +1 (non-binding)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 22:41, Andreas Ernst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andreas Ernst: +1 (non-binding)
>
> Am 27.03.19 um 02:15 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
> > voted upon.
> >
> > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >
> >      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
> > is ready.
> >
> > I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
> >
> > It includes the following tickets:
> >
> > Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
> > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > negative binding votes.
> >
> > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >
> > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > the end-of-vote summary).
> >

> --
> ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
> Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
> Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
> Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
> [hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
> www.tachyon-online.de

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

bobharner
Bob Harner: +1 (binding)

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 5:27 AM Balázs Palcsó <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Balazs Palcso: +1 (non-binding)
>
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 22:41, Andreas Ernst <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Andreas Ernst: +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > Am 27.03.19 um 02:15 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to
> be
> > > voted upon.
> > >
> > > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> > >
> > >      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> > >
> > > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> > >
> > > Please examine these files to determine if the new release,
> 5.5.0-beta-2,
> > > is ready.
> > >
> > > I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
> > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
> > >
> > > It includes the following tickets:
> > >
> > > Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
> > > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > > negative binding votes.
> > >
> > > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> > >
> > > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > > the end-of-vote summary).
> > >

> > --
> > ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
> > Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
> > Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
> > Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
> > [hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
> > www.tachyon-online.de

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

balapal
Hello,

I have just done a bit more testing and found one regression my change
introduced for checkbox validation
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2075

The issue only happens when SymbolConstants.ENABLE_HTML5_SUPPORT is true
and primitive boolean is behind the checkbox.
Raised a separate JIRA for the regression
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2610

I am looking into it.

Not sure if you guys want to wait for a fix before proceeding with the beta.

Please also note that this change is also committed to 5.4 branch
(unreleased yet).

Best regards,
Balazs

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 12:46, Bob Harner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bob Harner: +1 (binding)
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 5:27 AM Balázs Palcsó <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Balazs Palcso: +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 22:41, Andreas Ernst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Andreas Ernst: +1 (non-binding)

> > be

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/

> > 5.5.0-beta-2,

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2

> > > --
> > > ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
> > > Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
> > > Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
> > > Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
> > > [hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
> > > www.tachyon-online.de

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

balapal
Hi,

I have committed a fix to master and 5.4.

Best regards,
Balazs

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 16:19, Balázs Palcsó <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just done a bit more testing and found one regression my change
> introduced for checkbox validation
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2075
>
> The issue only happens when SymbolConstants.ENABLE_HTML5_SUPPORT is true
> and primitive boolean is behind the checkbox.
> Raised a separate JIRA for the regression
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2610
>
> I am looking into it.
>
> Not sure if you guys want to wait for a fix before proceeding with the
> beta.
>
> Please also note that this change is also committed to 5.4 branch
> (unreleased yet).
>
> Best regards,
> Balazs
>

> On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 12:46, Bob Harner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Bob Harner: +1 (binding)
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 5:27 AM Balázs Palcsó <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Balazs Palcso: +1 (non-binding)

>> > be

>> to:

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/

>> > 5.5.0-beta-2,

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2

>> archives,

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

With only 2 binding +1s, the voting failed. :(

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
> voted upon.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
>
> It includes the following tickets:
>
> Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Massimo Lusetti
Hi Thiago,
  I'm sorry I'm late but I'm casting my vote anyway:

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 2:45 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> With only 2 binding +1s, the voting failed. :(
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 10:15 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
> > voted upon.
> >
> > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >
> >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
> > is ready.
> >
> > I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
> >
> > It includes the following tickets:
> >
> > Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
> > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > negative binding votes.
> >
> > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >
> > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > the end-of-vote summary).
> >
> > --
> > Thiago

Massimo Lusetti

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Vote failed due to lack of 3 binding +1 votes in the 72 hours after it was
started. :(

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
> voted upon.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
>
> It includes the following tickets:
>
> Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Dmitry Gusev
Better late than never,

There should be no 72 hours limit, it's the opposite -- the vote should run
for AT LEAST 72 hours:

Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours to provide
> an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate regardless of their
> geographic locations.

From here:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#expressing-votes-1-0-1-and-fractions

Shall we create a new vote for 5.5.0-beta-3 from latest state of master?

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:24 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Vote failed due to lack of 3 binding +1 votes in the 72 hours after it was
> started. :(
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 10:15 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
> > voted upon.
> >
> > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >
> >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
> > is ready.
> >
> > I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
> >
> > It includes the following tickets:
> >
> > Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
> > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > negative binding votes.
> >
> > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >
> > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > the end-of-vote summary).
> >
> > --
> > Thiago

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Andrus Adamchik-3
> There should be no 72 hours limit, it's the opposite -- the vote should run
> for AT LEAST 72 hours:

Absolutely. E.g. it is not uncommon for Apache Cayenne (that I am involved with) to run votes for longer than a week to let everyone do evaluation at their own pace. People would often send a message to the vote thread saying "please wait till next Monday" or something to indicate their commitment.

Andrus

> On Sep 10, 2019, at 1:40 PM, Dmitry Gusev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Better late than never,
>
> There should be no 72 hours limit, it's the opposite -- the vote should run
> for AT LEAST 72 hours:
>
> Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours to provide
>> an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate regardless of their
>> geographic locations.
>>
> From here:
> https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#expressing-votes-1-0-1-and-fractions
>

> Shall we create a new vote for 5.5.0-beta-3 from latest state of master?
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:24 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Vote failed due to lack of 3 binding +1 votes in the 72 hours after it was
>> started. :(
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 10:15 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2, ready to be
>>> voted upon.
>>>
>>> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>>>
>>>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>>>
>>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>>

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>>>
>>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-2,
>>> is ready.
>>>
>>> I've also created a 5.4.5-beta-2 tag in Git:
>>>

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/5.5.0-beta-2
>>>
>>> It includes the following tickets:
>>>
>>> Vote will run for three days and requires majority approval from
>>> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
>>> negative binding votes.
>>>
>>> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
>>> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>>>
>>> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
>>> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
>>> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
>>> the end-of-vote summary).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thiago
>>>

>> --
>> Thiago
>>

> --
> Dmitry Gusev
>
> AnjLab Team
> http://anjlab.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-2

Well, that vote was started months ago, so I don't think we should continue
with it.

Yes, the votes should be for at least 72 hours, so I could have waited
more. My apologies.

+1 for cutting a new 5.5.0-beta-3, since we got a number of commits since
beta-2.

Also, a reminder to the team and myself: we should probably update the
version of the Google Closure Compiler we use in tapestry-webresources.