[VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

12

[VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release, 5.5.0.
The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.

The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
is ready.

I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816

It includes the following tickets:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0

Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
negative binding votes.

On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.

Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Christopher
+1 Christopher Dodunski (non binding)

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release,
> 5.5.0.
> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
>
> It includes the following tickets:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

bobharner
Bob Harner: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 6:19 AM Christopher Dodunski <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 Christopher Dodunski (non binding)
>

> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
> > upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release,
> > 5.5.0.
> > The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> > without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> > included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> > default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
> >
> > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >
> >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
> > is ready.
> >
> > I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
> >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
> >
> > It includes the following tickets:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
> >
> > Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > negative binding votes.
> >
> > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >
> > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > the end-of-vote summary).
> >
> > --
> > Thiago

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Dmitry Gusev
Dmitry Gusev: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 3:29 PM Bob Harner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bob Harner: +1 (binding)
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 6:19 AM Christopher Dodunski <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 Christopher Dodunski (non binding)
> >

> > > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be
> voted
> > > upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release,
> > > 5.5.0.
> > > The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> > > without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> > > included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> > > default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
> > >
> > > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> > >
> > >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> > >
> > > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> > >
> > > Please examine these files to determine if the new release,
> 5.5.0-beta-3,
> > > is ready.
> > >
> > > I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
> > >
> > > It includes the following tickets:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
> > >
> > > Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval
> from
> > > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > > negative binding votes.
> > >
> > > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> > >
> > > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > > the end-of-vote summary).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thiago

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Andreas Ernst
Andreas Ernst: +1 (non binding)

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 7:21 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release, 5.5.0.
> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
>
> It includes the following tickets:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Kalle Korhonen-2
Kalle Korhonen: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 5:54 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (binding)
>
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 7:21 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
> > upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release,
> 5.5.0.
> > The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> > without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> > included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> > default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
> >
> > The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >
> >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >
> > Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
> > is ready.
> >
> > I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
> >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
> >
> > It includes the following tickets:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
> >
> > Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> > the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> > negative binding votes.
> >
> > On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> > and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >
> > Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> > from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> > vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> > the end-of-vote summary).
> >
> > --
> > Thiago

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Andrus Adamchik-3
Hi Thiago,

I may be missing something, but I don't see "5.5.0-beta-3" artifacts under either of the links:

1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry (the latest release is 5.4.5 here)
2. https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/ (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)

Andrus

> On Sep 17, 2019, at 1:21 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release, 5.5.0.
> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
>
> It includes the following tickets:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Andrus Adamchik-3
> 2. https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/ (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)

Never mind this one. Found 5.5.0 under individual modules (initially was looking at the wrong module folder).

Still don't see anything under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry

Andrus

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Thiago,
>
> I may be missing something, but I don't see "5.5.0-beta-3" artifacts under either of the links:
>
> 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry (the latest release is 5.4.5 here)
> 2. https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/ (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
>
> Andrus
>

>> On Sep 17, 2019, at 1:21 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
>> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release, 5.5.0.
>> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
>> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
>> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
>> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
>>
>> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>>
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>>
>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>>
>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
>> is ready.
>>
>> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
>>

>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
>>
>> It includes the following tickets:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
>>
>> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
>> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
>> negative binding votes.
>>
>> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
>> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>>
>> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
>> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
>> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
>> the end-of-vote summary).
>>
>> --
>> Thiago

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Andrus Adamchik-3
Hi folks,

Pinging one more time. I'd love to lend a pair of eyes to evaluate the release and cast my (non-binding) vote, but I still can't find the official release files. I can't make all the assertions related to Apache licensing, etc. based on just the Maven artifacts.

With 5 votes cast already, those files have to be in some common place I would think :) Anyone can point me to that place?

Andrus

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 4:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 2. https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/ (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
>
> Never mind this one. Found 5.5.0 under individual modules (initially was looking at the wrong module folder).
>
> Still don't see anything under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> Andrus
>

>> On Sep 18, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Thiago,
>>
>> I may be missing something, but I don't see "5.5.0-beta-3" artifacts under either of the links:
>>
>> 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry (the latest release is 5.4.5 here)
>> 2. https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/ (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>>> On Sep 17, 2019, at 1:21 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
>>> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release, 5.5.0.
>>> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
>>> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
>>> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
>>> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
>>>
>>> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>>>
>>>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>>>
>>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>>

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>>>
>>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
>>> is ready.
>>>
>>> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
>>>

>>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
>>>
>>> It includes the following tickets:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
>>>
>>> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
>>> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
>>> negative binding votes.
>>>
>>> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
>>> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>>>
>>> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
>>> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
>>> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
>>> the end-of-vote summary).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thiago

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Dmitry Gusev
Hi Andrus,

It looks like there was an error somewhere in the middle of preparing the
release.

The artifacts were added Sep 16:

Author: thiagohp

> Date: Mon Sep 16 22:18:13 2019
> New Revision: 35901
> Log:
> 5.5.0-beta-3 release
> Added:
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-apidocs.zip   (with props)
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-apidocs.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-apidocs.zip.md5
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-bin.zip   (with props)
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-bin.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-bin.zip.md5
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-sources.zip   (with props)
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-sources.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-sources.zip.md5

 But then accidentally removed in the next commit with the final 5.5.0
artifacts that were created by error:

Author: thiagohp

> Date: Mon Sep 16 22:21:22 2019
> New Revision: 35902
> Log:
> Deleting Apache Tapestry 5.5.0 artifacts published before that version
> was actually released
> Removed:
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-apidocs.zip
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-apidocs.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-apidocs.zip.md5
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-apidocs.zip
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-apidocs.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-apidocs.zip.md5
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-bin.zip
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-bin.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-bin.zip.md5
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-sources.zip
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-sources.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-beta-3-sources.zip.md5
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-bin.zip
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-bin.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-bin.zip.md5
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-sources.zip
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-sources.zip.asc
>     dev/tapestry/apache-tapestry-5.5.0-sources.zip.md5

I guess we can revert that commit again and republish the files from
previous revision.

What do you think Thiago?

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:10 AM Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Pinging one more time. I'd love to lend a pair of eyes to evaluate the
> release and cast my (non-binding) vote, but I still can't find the official
> release files. I can't make all the assertions related to Apache licensing,
> etc. based on just the Maven artifacts.
>
> With 5 votes cast already, those files have to be in some common place I
> would think :) Anyone can point me to that place?
>
> Andrus
>

> > On Sep 18, 2019, at 4:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> 2.
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
> >
> > Never mind this one. Found 5.5.0 under individual modules (initially was
> looking at the wrong module folder).
> >
> > Still don't see anything under
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >
> > Andrus
> >

> >> On Sep 18, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Thiago,
> >>
> >> I may be missing something, but I don't see "5.5.0-beta-3" artifacts
> under either of the links:
> >>
> >> 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry (the latest release
> is 5.4.5 here)
> >> 2.
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
> >>
> >> Andrus

> voted
> 5.5.0.

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/

> 5.5.0-beta-3,

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0

> from

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Andrus Adamchik-3
Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for clarifying. It makes sense now.

From the Apache legal perspective the PMC can't publish artifacts other than the exact ones that were voted for by its members. So yeah, the options are

* restore those artifacts from SVN history (voting members can confirm that they are unaltered by validating checksums) or
* build a set of new ones and restart the vote.

I guess to preserve the effort spent on the release so far perhaps the former is preferable.

Andrus

> [...]
> previous revision.
>
> What do you think Thiago?
>

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:10 AM Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Pinging one more time. I'd love to lend a pair of eyes to evaluate the
>> release and cast my (non-binding) vote, but I still can't find the official
>> release files. I can't make all the assertions related to Apache licensing,
>> etc. based on just the Maven artifacts.
>>
>> With 5 votes cast already, those files have to be in some common place I
>> would think :) Anyone can point me to that place?
>>
>> Andrus

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>> (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
>>>
>>> Never mind this one. Found 5.5.0 under individual modules (initially was

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Hello, Andrus and Dmitry!

Indeed, while trying to remove a set of 5.5.0 artifacts that shouldn't be
there, I ended up removing all the 5.5.0-beta-* files by mistake. Thanks
for noticing this!

This is fixed now. I was going to post the voting results now, but I'll
wait for Andrus' vote Monday.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 10:30 AM Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > 2.
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
>
> Never mind this one. Found 5.5.0 under individual modules (initially was
> looking at the wrong module folder).
>
> Still don't see anything under
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> Andrus
>

> > On Sep 18, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Thiago,
> >
> > I may be missing something, but I don't see "5.5.0-beta-3" artifacts
> under either of the links:
> >
> > 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry (the latest release
> is 5.4.5 here)
> > 2.
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
> >
> > Andrus
> >

> >> On Sep 17, 2019, at 1:21 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
> >> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release,
> 5.5.0.
> >> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> >> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> >> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> >> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
> >>
> >> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
> >>
> >>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >>
> >> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
> >>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >>
> >> Please examine these files to determine if the new release,
> 5.5.0-beta-3,
> >> is ready.
> >>
> >> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
> >>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
> >>
> >> It includes the following tickets:
> >>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
> >>
> >> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval
> from
> >> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> >> negative binding votes.
> >>
> >> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> >> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >>
> >> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> >> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> >> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> >> the end-of-vote summary).
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thiago

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Andrus Adamchik-3
I am +1 (non-binding)

Here is my evaluation checklist:

* MD5 matches... Since MD5 is easily reversible these day, I guess it would make sense to provide SHA512 signature in the future.

* Signature checks pass

* NOTICE and LICENSE files are present

* Apache-rat checks pass... With my particular set of rat excludes, I got 1439 "unlicensed" files (i.e. those without Apache headers). Those are either tests, test resources, build-related files, or third-party (build-related or otherwise) files. So while Apache license headers can probably be added to some of them, hopefully that's not a big deal. What we did in the past with 3rd-party files in Cayenne, is moving their original license headers to NOTICE.txt, and adding Apache headers instead.

* Builds from source

Finally I am also planning to try it with "bootique-tapestry" module of Bootique framework and upgrade a number of other projects, but this will require much more time. So to cast my vote, I just focused on license checking and formal correctness of the release.

Andrus

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 5:54 AM Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am +1 (non-binding)

Thank you very much!

> Here is my evaluation checklist:
>
> * MD5 matches... Since MD5 is easily reversible these day, I guess it
> would make sense to provide SHA512 signature in the future.

We already provide SHA512 signatures in Maven artifacts. Indeed, the
non-Maven ones only have MD5 signatures. We shall improve this in future
releases, even though I seriously doubt anyone uses Tapestry without Maven.
Thanks for the warning!

> * Signature checks pass
>
> * NOTICE and LICENSE files are present
>
> * Apache-rat checks pass... With my particular set of rat excludes, I got
> 1439 "unlicensed" files (i.e. those without Apache headers). Those are
> either tests, test resources, build-related files, or third-party
> (build-related or otherwise) files. So while Apache license headers can
> probably be added to some of them, hopefully that's not a big deal. What we
> did in the past with 3rd-party files in Cayenne, is moving their original
> license headers to NOTICE.txt, and adding Apache headers instead.
>
> * Builds from source
>
> Finally I am also planning to try it with "bootique-tapestry" module of
> Bootique framework and upgrade a number of other projects, but this will
> require much more time. So to cast my vote, I just focused on license
> checking and formal correctness of the release.
>
> Andrus
>

> > On Sep 21, 2019, at 3:51 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, Andrus and Dmitry!
> >
> > Indeed, while trying to remove a set of 5.5.0 artifacts that shouldn't be
> > there, I ended up removing all the 5.5.0-beta-* files by mistake. Thanks
> > for noticing this!
> >
> > This is fixed now. I was going to post the voting results now, but I'll
> > wait for Andrus' vote Monday.

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >> (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)
> >>
> >> Never mind this one. Found 5.5.0 under individual modules (initially was
> >> looking at the wrong module folder).
> >>
> >> Still don't see anything under
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
> >>
> >> Andrus

> >> under either of the links:

> >> is 5.4.5 here)
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
> >> (the latest release is 5.3.0 here)

> voted
> >> 5.5.0.
> Tapestry
> is
> (the

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/

> >> 5.5.0-beta-3,

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0

> >> from

> > Thiago

[SUCCESS] Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

The voting was finished and Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3 was approved with the
following votes:

Binding votes:
Bob Harner
Dmitry Gusev
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Kalle Korhonen

Non-binding votes:
Christopher Dodunski
Andreas Ernst
Andrus Adamchik

The artifacts have just been published in the Maven Central repository.

[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release, 5.5.0.
> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
>
> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
> is ready.
>
> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
>
> It includes the following tickets:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
>
> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> negative binding votes.
>
> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>
> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> the end-of-vote summary).

Re: [SUCCESS] [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Andrus Adamchik-3
Belated congrats on the release!

I just added the new Tapestry to Bootique 1.1 [1], with no issues so far. Available (albeit still as a SNAPSHOT [2]) for use with modern Java in a modern container-free environment :)

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/bootique/bootique-tapestry
[2] https://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/repositories/bootique-snapshots/io/bootique/tapestry/bootique-tapestry55/1.1-SNAPSHOT/

> On Sep 25, 2019, at 12:29 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The voting was finished and Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3 was approved with the
> following votes:
>
> Binding votes:
> Bob Harner
> Dmitry Gusev
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Kalle Korhonen
>
> Non-binding votes:
> Christopher Dodunski
> Andreas Ernst
> Andrus Adamchik
>
> The artifacts have just been published in the Maven Central repository.
>
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 7:21 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.5.0, ready to be voted
>> upon. It's meant to be a preview of the next major Tapestry release, 5.5.0.
>> The main new feature in 5.5.0-beta-3 is the ability of running Tapestry
>> without Bootstrap CSS (a minimal set of JavaScript Bootstrap modules is
>> included so alerts and validation message works), with Bootstrap 3 (the
>> default) or Bootstrap 4. More details in
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2612.
>>
>> The source, binary, and documentation archives have been uploaded to:
>>
>>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tapestry
>>
>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/tapestry/
>>
>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.5.0-beta-3,
>> is ready.
>>
>> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
>>

>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
>>
>> It includes the following tickets:
>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
>>
>> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval from
>> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
>> negative binding votes.
>>
>> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
>> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
>>
>> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
>> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
>> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
>> the end-of-vote summary).
>>
>> --
>> Thiago

Re: [SUCCESS] [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Awesome! Thanks!

Now I just have to find some free time to play with Bootique . . .  :)

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
> >>
> >> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval
> from
> >> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> >> negative binding votes.
> >>
> >> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> >> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >>
> >> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> >> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> >> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in
> >> the end-of-vote summary).
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thiago
> >>

> > --
> > Thiago

Re: [SUCCESS] [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

You are probably going to like it. Service management ideas are rather close to Tapestry (map and collection contributions that enable modularity and module "pluggability"), but arguably a bit more user-friendly and can be used outside of a webapp (e.g. a headless job runner app).

Bootique apps have the smallest possible footprint and fast startup times compared to competition, and going to be improved even more as we are moving from Guice to our own IoC lib based on Cayenne DI [1].

And of course all the services that are defined in Bootique can be injected into Tapestry pages and components.

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/andrus/di-comparison

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 4:06 PM Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You are probably going to like it. Service management ideas are rather
> close to Tapestry (map and collection contributions that enable modularity
> and module "pluggability"), but arguably a bit more user-friendly

Interesting!

| and can be used outside of a webapp (e.g. a headless job runner app).

Tapestry-IoC can be used without tapestry-core (the web framework) and
outside webapps, so I'm not sure I'm following you about this. Tapestry-IoC
has no dependencies on tapestry-core or anything web-related.

12