What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

David Marquis
Hi!

I just joined the mailing list, and I would like to say first that T5
looks very promising... can't wait to get my hands on it and start
playing with it (our next project might be on that platform!)

I have a question regarding the Tapidea plugin for IntelliJ IDEA :
does anybody know if the project is still alive ?

Thanks!

David

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

Hugo Palma-4
It's very much active but not as TapIDEA.
I actually brought the former TapIDEA into the company i work for now
and we're investing a lot of time and effort in implement a great plugin.
So TapIDEA is now called Loomy.

We're going to get the plugin site up and running very soon and will
also release a first beta of the plugin.
Also, Loomy is no longer an open-source project so it won't be free for
commercial use. Still, we'll provide free open-source licenses.

I'll make a proper announcement when the plugin site goes live :o)

Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying out the plugin just email me.
Keep in mind that for now the plugin only supports IntelliJ IDEA 6.x.

David Marquis wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just joined the mailing list, and I would like to say first that T5
> looks very promising... can't wait to get my hands on it and start
> playing with it (our next project might be on that platform!)
>
> I have a question regarding the Tapidea plugin for IntelliJ IDEA :
> does anybody know if the project is still alive ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

Re: What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

Andreas Andreou
That's nice to hear Hugo!
Hope that it'll not be that hard to cover IDEA 7 as well.

On Feb 8, 2008 6:30 PM, Hugo Palma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's very much active but not as TapIDEA.
> I actually brought the former TapIDEA into the company i work for now
> and we're investing a lot of time and effort in implement a great plugin.
> So TapIDEA is now called Loomy.
>
> We're going to get the plugin site up and running very soon and will
> also release a first beta of the plugin.
> Also, Loomy is no longer an open-source project so it won't be free for
> commercial use. Still, we'll provide free open-source licenses.
>
> I'll make a proper announcement when the plugin site goes live :o)
>
> Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying out the plugin just email me.
> Keep in mind that for now the plugin only supports IntelliJ IDEA 6.x.
>

> David Marquis wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I just joined the mailing list, and I would like to say first that T5
> > looks very promising... can't wait to get my hands on it and start
> > playing with it (our next project might be on that platform!)
> >
> > I have a question regarding the Tapidea plugin for IntelliJ IDEA :
> > does anybody know if the project is still alive ?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > David

Andreas Andreou - [hidden email] - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

Hugo Palma-4
We're currently evaluating the effort for the update to IDEA 7.
The adoption of IDEA 7 was much faster than we anticipated so we're
doing our best to get support for it as soon as possible.

Andreas Andreou wrote:

> That's nice to hear Hugo!
> Hope that it'll not be that hard to cover IDEA 7 as well.
>
> On Feb 8, 2008 6:30 PM, Hugo Palma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It's very much active but not as TapIDEA.
>> I actually brought the former TapIDEA into the company i work for now
>> and we're investing a lot of time and effort in implement a great plugin.
>> So TapIDEA is now called Loomy.
>>
>> We're going to get the plugin site up and running very soon and will
>> also release a first beta of the plugin.
>> Also, Loomy is no longer an open-source project so it won't be free for
>> commercial use. Still, we'll provide free open-source licenses.
>>
>> I'll make a proper announcement when the plugin site goes live :o)
>>
>> Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying out the plugin just email me.
>> Keep in mind that for now the plugin only supports IntelliJ IDEA 6.x.
>>

>> David Marquis wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I just joined the mailing list, and I would like to say first that T5
>>> looks very promising... can't wait to get my hands on it and start
>>> playing with it (our next project might be on that platform!)
>>>
>>> I have a question regarding the Tapidea plugin for IntelliJ IDEA :
>>> does anybody know if the project is still alive ?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> David

Re: What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

Emmanuel Sowah
Hugo,

So you think you have the greatest business model with this Loomy thing and
that you and your company would be making millions?
How many Tapestry users are there? Stop dreaming, baby.

On Feb 8, 2008 5:30 PM, Hugo Palma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's very much active but not as TapIDEA.
> I actually brought the former TapIDEA into the company i work for now
> and we're investing a lot of time and effort in implement a great plugin.
> So TapIDEA is now called Loomy.
>
> We're going to get the plugin site up and running very soon and will
> also release a first beta of the plugin.
> Also, Loomy is no longer an open-source project so it won't be free for
> commercial use. Still, we'll provide free open-source licenses.
>
> I'll make a proper announcement when the plugin site goes live :o)
>
> Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying out the plugin just email me.
> Keep in mind that for now the plugin only supports IntelliJ IDEA 6.x.
>
> David Marquis wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I just joined the mailing list, and I would like to say first that T5
> > looks very promising... can't wait to get my hands on it and start
> > playing with it (our next project might be on that platform!)
> >
> > I have a question regarding the Tapidea plugin for IntelliJ IDEA :
> > does anybody know if the project is still alive ?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > David

Re: What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

Sven Homburg
Emmanuel,

gates beginning was i a garage, and everybody ask him "who need an OS with
windows".

2008/2/9, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>:

> Hugo,
>
> So you think you have the greatest business model with this Loomy thing
> and
> that you and your company would be making millions?
> How many Tapestry users are there? Stop dreaming, baby.
>
> On Feb 8, 2008 5:30 PM, Hugo Palma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It's very much active but not as TapIDEA.
> > I actually brought the former TapIDEA into the company i work for now
> > and we're investing a lot of time and effort in implement a great
> plugin.
> > So TapIDEA is now called Loomy.
> >
> > We're going to get the plugin site up and running very soon and will
> > also release a first beta of the plugin.
> > Also, Loomy is no longer an open-source project so it won't be free for
> > commercial use. Still, we'll provide free open-source licenses.
> >
> > I'll make a proper announcement when the plugin site goes live :o)
> >
> > Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying out the plugin just email me.
> > Keep in mind that for now the plugin only supports IntelliJ IDEA 6.x.
> >
> > David Marquis wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I just joined the mailing list, and I would like to say first that T5
> > > looks very promising... can't wait to get my hands on it and start
> > > playing with it (our next project might be on that platform!)
> > >
> > > I have a question regarding the Tapidea plugin for IntelliJ IDEA :
> > > does anybody know if the project is still alive ?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > David

with regards
Sven Homburg

Re: What happened to Tapidea (IntelliJ IDEA Plugin)

Robin Helgelin
On Feb 9, 2008 9:14 AM, Sven Homburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> gates beginning was i a garage, and everybody ask him "who need an OS with
> windows".

Don't bother, he's just trying to troll again.

--
        regards,
        Robin