Workbench working?

Richard Lewis-Shell
Is the workbench from HEAD working for you guys?  It's not for me -
appears the ValidField javascript is broken.  The Fields tab doesn't
work properly: the fields don't validate - neither client nor server
side, and the LinkSubmit doesn't work (I think because the javascript is
generally broken).  I've tried this with my mods to Submit et al. and
with a fresh check out and get the same behaviour.  All unit tests are
passing though.

I think at least part of the problem is with the following style of
external javascript references:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
src="/private/org/apache/tapestry/valid/Validator.js"></script>

For me, that src gives 404 errors.

In case it's relevant, I'm using Jetty 4.1.4.

Richard

Re: Workbench working?

Howard Lewis Ship
When was the last time you got from head? Also, I'm running using a Jetty
Launch Config inside Eclipse ... I'll try using Ant in a moment.

On 5/13/05, Richard Lewis-Shell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is the workbench from HEAD working for you guys? It's not for me -
> appears the ValidField javascript is broken. The Fields tab doesn't
> work properly: the fields don't validate - neither client nor server
> side, and the LinkSubmit doesn't work (I think because the javascript is
> generally broken). I've tried this with my mods to Submit et al. and
> with a fresh check out and get the same behaviour. All unit tests are
> passing though.
>
> I think at least part of the problem is with the following style of
> external javascript references:
> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
> src="/private/org/apache/tapestry/valid/Validator.js"></script>
>
> For me, that src gives 404 errors.
>
> In case it's relevant, I'm using Jetty 4.1.4.
>
> Richard

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work. http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Workbench working?

Howard Lewis Ship
Slight configuration problem; the "/private/" URL was mapped to the folder
private, not target/private, which screwed things up. Just checked in the
fix.

On 5/13/05, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When was the last time you got from head? Also, I'm running using a Jetty
> Launch Config inside Eclipse ... I'll try using Ant in a moment.
>
> On 5/13/05, Richard Lewis-Shell <[hidden email] > wrote:
> >
> > Is the workbench from HEAD working for you guys? It's not for me -
> > appears the ValidField javascript is broken. The Fields tab doesn't
> > work properly: the fields don't validate - neither client nor server
> > side, and the LinkSubmit doesn't work (I think because the javascript is
> > generally broken). I've tried this with my mods to Submit et al. and
> > with a fresh check out and get the same behaviour. All unit tests are
> > passing though.
> >
> > I think at least part of the problem is with the following style of
> > external javascript references:
> > <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
> > src="/private/org/apache/tapestry/valid/Validator.js"></script>
> >
> > For me, that src gives 404 errors.
> >
> > In case it's relevant, I'm using Jetty 4.1.4.
> >
> > Richard

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work. http://howardlewisship.com

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work. http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Workbench working?

Richard Lewis-Shell
getting closer - client side validation can't seem to be disabled now.