favicon.ico

JumpStart
Is there a way to have Tapestry serve up favicon.ico? That is, an image from a fixed URL? No gzipping, no asset fingerprinting, and no far-future expires header?

I need this for offline.js . To date I’ve had it call a simple page in the app but sometimes the client gets confused and fails due to CORS. If I use an image instead then CORS will not be an issue. But for simplicity of configuration I would like to point it to its default, favicon.ico .

Alternatively, what’s a simple way of handling CORS from Tapestry?

Geoff

Re: favicon.ico

Carlos Montero Canabal
Hi Geoff,

I think the basic solution is put your favicon.ico into src/main/webapp folder. I usually put here the robots.txt and it works fine.

Regards

Carlos Montero

> El 29/7/2018, a las 15:43, JumpStart <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> Is there a way to have Tapestry serve up favicon.ico? That is, an image from a fixed URL? No gzipping, no asset fingerprinting, and no far-future expires header?
>
> I need this for offline.js . To date I’ve had it call a simple page in the app but sometimes the client gets confused and fails due to CORS. If I use an image instead then CORS will not be an issue. But for simplicity of configuration I would like to point it to its default, favicon.ico .
>
> Alternatively, what’s a simple way of handling CORS from Tapestry?
>
> Geoff

Re: favicon.ico

JumpStart
That worked a treat. Thank you!