login component and perstistent properties

login component and perstistent properties

Ryan Crumley
I am creating a tapestry application with a login component that is
rendered on every page. If the user chooses to login on any given page
they should be redirected back to the page in the state they were
viewing it in. I am sure just about everyone on the list has done
something like this =)

In an effort to remain stateless as long as possible I would prefer
not to use a persistent property to store the ICallback property
across rendering of the page. What is the recommended approach people
take to solve this problem? Take the bite and use a persistent
property or build client side property persistence into my login
compont to remember the callback?

thanks,
ryan

RE: login component and perstistent properties

Patrick Casey

        Can't you just stuff the current page properties into your login
page and persist it there? Then after a successful login, activate the

        Or are you looking for details on how to specifically achieve this?

        --- Pat

Robert Zeigler
Ryan wrote:

> I am creating a tapestry application with a login component that is
> rendered on every page. If the user chooses to login on any given page
> they should be redirected back to the page in the state they were
> viewing it in. I am sure just about everyone on the list has done
> something like this =)
>
> In an effort to remain stateless as long as possible I would prefer
> not to use a persistent property to store the ICallback property
> across rendering of the page. What is the recommended approach people
> take to solve this problem? Take the bite and use a persistent
> property or build client side property persistence into my login
> compont to remember the callback?

Check out the "Hidden" component, which you could stick into your login
form to store the ICallback in a non-session-dependent manner.

Robert