pageBeginRender not called on components?

pageBeginRender not called on components?

phillip rhodes
In my component, I implement interface
PageRenderListener

However, it appears this only works on pages.  Can
someone explain this?

Thanks.

Re: pageBeginRender not called on components?

Alberto Lepe
Because BaseComponents inherited from AbstractComponent:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/api/org/apache/tapestry/AbstractComponent.html

And BasePage inherited from AbstractPage:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/api/org/apache/tapestry/AbstractPage.html
but also includes AbstractComponent's methods.

Please visit: www.tapestryforums.com and Join Us!

2005/5/27, phillip rhodes <[hidden email]>:

> In my component, I implement interface
> PageRenderListener
>
> However, it appears this only works on pages.  Can
> someone explain this?
>
> Thanks.

Re: pageBeginRender not called on components?

Robert Zeigler
It is called on components, as well.
But it's called when the page begins to render, not when the component
begins to render.
Also note that if you a complex block/renderBlock setup, where
the blocks to be rendered are not in the page doing the rendering,
then the block and all components contained therein will /not/ have
pageBeginRender called.

Robert