programatically generating links

coriolisguy
Hi group,

I have a situtation where I am using tapestry
templates to generate XML which is then combined with
an XSL stylesheet for give a final HTML page. What I
would like is to generate a link entirely in java code
and not have to declare a component in the .html page
and then in the .page file. Is this possible?

Thanks

RE: programatically generating links

Patrick Casey

        How about something like this:

        Object[] parameters = new Object[] { "foo", "bar", new Integer(69)
};
        String url = cycle.getEngine().getService(Tapestry.DIRECT_SERVICE)
                                        .getLink(cycle, this,
parameters).getURL();

        --- Pat