tapestry and jquery

Ivano Luberti
Hi guys, in the past days I have posted a question about an issue with
tapestry5 jquery.
I have got no answer both on this list and (more worrying) on
tapestry5jquery moderated google group (freezed at september 29 btw)

So my question is: having to start today a small web application in
tapestry5 with some jquery, does it worth to engage with tapestry5jquery
or better integrating jquery scripts on my own ?

Any tapestry5jquery user on this list?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: tapestry and jquery

Charlouze
Hey,

I'm not using tapestry5-jquery but i've tried it with tapestry5 versions
prior to t5.4. I'll try to give you some hints to help you decide what you
need.

If you are going to use t5.4, you could just see t5jq as a components
library that require jquery as the JS infrastructure provider. What you
need to do then is to check what components are available in this library
and if they could help you build your app faster than without it (It's the
same for every other components library).

If you are going to use t5.3, it's easier to get jq to work with tapestry
so you should definitely use it.

I'm not sure that what I'm telling you is a 100% true but as you didn't get
any answer before, it's better than nothing ;)

Cheers,
Charles

> Hi guys, in the past days I have posted a question about an issue with
> tapestry5 jquery.
> I have got no answer both on this list and (more worrying) on
> tapestry5jquery moderated google group (freezed at september 29 btw)
>
> So my question is: having to start today a small web application in
> tapestry5 with some jquery, does it worth to engage with tapestry5jquery
> or better integrating jquery scripts on my own ?
>
> Any tapestry5jquery user on this list?

> dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
> Archimede Informatica societa' cooperativa a r. l.
> Sede Operativa
> Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
> tel.: +39-050- 580959
> tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
> web: www.archicoop.it

Re: tapestry and jquery

Paul Stanton
You can start with a fresh Tapestry 5.4 (beta) project which has JQuery
built in.

You will probably want to exclude the PrototypeJs/Scriptaculous support
and only use jquery:

@Contribute(SymbolProvider.class) @ApplicationDefaults
public static void setupEnvironment(MappedConfiguration<String, Object>
configuration) {
configuration.add(SymbolConstants.JAVASCRIPT_INFRASTRUCTURE_PROVIDER,
"jquery");
}

On 25/11/2014 10:11 AM, Ivano Luberti wrote:

> Hi guys, in the past days I have posted a question about an issue with
> tapestry5 jquery.
> I have got no answer both on this list and (more worrying) on
> tapestry5jquery moderated google group (freezed at september 29 btw)
>
> So my question is: having to start today a small web application in
> tapestry5 with some jquery, does it worth to engage with tapestry5jquery
> or better integrating jquery scripts on my own ?
>
> Any tapestry5jquery user on this list?

Re: tapestry and jquery

duymap

I am using tapestry5jquery lib and it looks great. So I suggest you should
use it rather than integrating your own jquery script.

Thanks,
Duy

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Ivano Luberti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys, in the past days I have posted a question about an issue with
> tapestry5 jquery.
> I have got no answer both on this list and (more worrying) on
> tapestry5jquery moderated google group (freezed at september 29 btw)
>
> So my question is: having to start today a small web application in
> tapestry5 with some jquery, does it worth to engage with tapestry5jquery
> or better integrating jquery scripts on my own ?
>
> Any tapestry5jquery user on this list?

> dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
> Archimede Informatica societa' cooperativa a r. l.
> Sede Operativa
> Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
> tel.: +39-050- 580959
> tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
> web: www.archicoop.it

Chung Khánh Duy
Project Support Manager
Formos

Re: tapestry and jquery

chris@opencsta.org
Have you got a link to previous post (on nabble)?
Maybe someone can shed some light on it now.

I ask questions and get no answer sometimes - could be the way I ask, not
tapestry itself or waste of time.

I've used both 5.3 tapestry-jquery really well, and tapestry-5.4-beta22.

Have you already got a HTML/css/jquery prototype ready or are you starting
from scratch?
On 25/11/2014 10:12 am, "Ivano Luberti" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys, in the past days I have posted a question about an issue with
> tapestry5 jquery.
> I have got no answer both on this list and (more worrying) on
> tapestry5jquery moderated google group (freezed at september 29 btw)
>
> So my question is: having to start today a small web application in
> tapestry5 with some jquery, does it worth to engage with tapestry5jquery
> or better integrating jquery scripts on my own ?
>
> Any tapestry5jquery user on this list?

> dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
> Archimede Informatica societa' cooperativa a r. l.
> Sede Operativa
> Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
> tel.: +39-050- 580959
> tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
> web: www.archicoop.it

Re: tapestry and jquery

françois facon
Hello Ivano,

The best way to get an anwser is to post your question at
https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery/issues.

version < 4.0.0 of  tapestry5-jquery provides jQuery integration for
Tapestry 5 and allow you to work with or to replace the tapestry.js file
based on prototype.

 version >= 4.0.0 of this module provides a collections of jQuery
components that play well with Tapestry 5.4.

If were you, i would start with the latest version of Tapetry (5.4-beta-22)
which is very efficient and already embed jQuery (See Paul Stanton
comment). I would also suggest you to have a look at at
https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery-demo

François

> Hi guys, in the past days I have posted a question about an issue with
> tapestry5 jquery.
> I have got no answer both on this list and (more worrying) on
> tapestry5jquery moderated google group (freezed at september 29 btw)
>
> So my question is: having to start today a small web application in
> tapestry5 with some jquery, does it worth to engage with tapestry5jquery
> or better integrating jquery scripts on my own ?
>
> Any tapestry5jquery user on this list?

> dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
> Archimede Informatica societa' cooperativa a r. l.
> Sede Operativa
> Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
> tel.: +39-050- 580959
> tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
> web: www.archicoop.it

Re: tapestry and jquery

Ivano Luberti
Thanks for all the comments, here is a cumulative feedback:

I have tried the tapesrty5jquery dialog demo using 3.3.4 and 3.3.7
version in the Tapestry5 tutorial using Tapestry 5.3.7
but didn't work. Asked on their google group (thati moderated) and saw
there are no post since september 2013.
So I was worried about the kind of support I can get: it was not a
complaint, just trying to understand where they are.
Activity on GitHub  seems to keep up. But no feedback neither on twitter.

I have of course googled for help and specifically searched nabble but
(not a surprise) there is almost nothing on this list.

I have to start from scratch : better said I have already implented the
app with no client side feature. And now I want to add javascript/ajax.
Later I will pass it to a colleague for CSS customization.

The application is quite simple and I'm using it as a learning tool.

So maybe porting to 5.4 worths it .

And I wiill use suggestion by Francois to post my actual issue, even
though also the issue tracker doesn't seem to be updated since september
2014

Il 25/11/2014 01:15, Chris Mylonas ha scritto:

> Have you got a link to previous post (on nabble)?wanted
> Maybe someone can shed some light on it now.
>
> I ask questions and get no answer sometimes - could be the way I ask, not
> tapestry itself or waste of time.
>
> I've used both 5.3 tapestry-jquery really well, and tapestry-5.4-beta22.
>
> Have you already got a HTML/css/jquery prototype ready or are you starting
> from scratch?
> On 25/11/2014 10:12 am, "Ivano Luberti" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, in the past days I have posted a question about an issue with
>> tapestry5 jquery.
>> I have got no answer both on this list and (more worrying) on
>> tapestry5jquery moderated google group (freezed at september 29 btw)
>>
>> So my question is: having to start today a small web application in
>> tapestry5 with some jquery, does it worth to engage with tapestry5jquery
>> or better integrating jquery scripts on my own ?
>>
>> Any tapestry5jquery user on this list?

>> dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
>> Archimede Informatica societa' cooperativa a r. l.
>> Sede Operativa
>> Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
>> tel.: +39-050- 580959
>> tel/fax: +39-050-9711344