tapestry-mock jar

Massimo Lusetti
How can i produce tapestry-mock jar file from a 3.0.x distribution ?

I've found org.apache.tapestry.junit package belong to that jar and
would like if this belong to 3.0 tree and was removed with 4.0 and how
can i get it from the 3.0 src tree.

Any hint is really appreciated.

Thanks
--
Massimo

Re: tapestry-mock jar

Phil Zoio

I have done this. Basically, I took the Tapestry 3.1 alpha code and
hacked it to conform to 3.0.2. Not perfect but should work - does for
me. I was going to do a little article about it but haven't had the time yet

You can download the classes from my web site:
http://www.realsolve.co.uk/site/tech/tapestry/tapestrytest.zip

If you unzip it, you'll find the folders tapestrytest and test.
tapestrytest contains the source (which you can compile and jar) for the
mock test support. test contains an example of a Page class that you
might test with the mock, as well as an example test

In addition to the 3.0 libraries, the extra test support classes, you'll
also need in your classpath

hivemind-1.1-alpha
cglib-2.0.2
easymock-1.1
easymock-classextension-1.1

Hope it helps

Phil

Massimo Lusetti wrote:

>How can i produce tapestry-mock jar file from a 3.0.x distribution ?
>
>I've found org.apache.tapestry.junit package belong to that jar and
>would like if this belong to 3.0 tree and was removed with 4.0 and how
>can i get it from the 3.0 src tree.
>
>Any hint is really appreciated.
>
>Thanks

Re: tapestry-mock jar

Matt Raible
AppFuse has a tapestry-mock.jar which I created from 3.0 (not 3.0.1 or
3.0.2).

http://tinyurl.com/ct9ge

Here's a sample test: http://tinyurl.com/84fxl

Matt

On May 7, 2005, at 6:53 AM, Phil Zoio wrote:

> I have done this. Basically, I took the Tapestry 3.1 alpha code and
> hacked it to conform to 3.0.2. Not perfect but should work - does for
> me. I was going to do a little article about it but haven't had the
> time yet
>
> You can download the classes from my web site:
> http://www.realsolve.co.uk/site/tech/tapestry/tapestrytest.zip
>
> If you unzip it, you'll find the folders tapestrytest and test.
> tapestrytest contains the source (which you can compile and jar) for
> the mock test support. test contains an example of a Page class that
> you might test with the mock, as well as an example test
>
> In addition to the 3.0 libraries, the extra test support classes,
> you'll also need in your classpath
>
> hivemind-1.1-alpha
> cglib-2.0.2
> easymock-1.1
> easymock-classextension-1.1
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Phil
>

> Massimo Lusetti wrote:
>
>> How can i produce tapestry-mock jar file from a 3.0.x distribution ?
>>
>> I've found org.apache.tapestry.junit package belong to that jar and
>> would like if this belong to 3.0 tree and was removed with 4.0 and how
>> can i get it from the 3.0 src tree.
>>
>> Any hint is really appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks

Re: tapestry-mock jar

Massimo Lusetti
On 5/7/05, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:

> AppFuse has a tapestry-mock.jar which I created from 3.0 (not 3.0.1 or
> 3.0.2).

So it's not a jar packed by tapestry distributions.
Did you (both) pack it to easy your own test suites, am i right ?

Thanks both
--
Massimo

Re: tapestry-mock jar

Phil Zoio
The main thing you seem to need to run the Tapestry 3 mock tests in
addition to easymock itself is org.apache.tapestry.test.Creator, which,
from the Javadocs

"A utility class that is used to instantiate abstract Tapestry pages and
components. It creates,
at runtime, a subclass where all abstract properties are filled in
(complete with instance
variable, accessor and mutator methods). This isn't the same as how the
class is enhanced at
 * runtime, but is sufficient to unit test the class, especially
listener methods"

This class is new in 3.1/4.0. My jar includes this class, as well as
other classes in 3.1/4 which are not in 3.0 which are needed Creator.
Some of these classes had to be tweaked to work with 3.0 because of
changes to interfaces, etc.

Regards,
Phil

Massimo Lusetti wrote:

>On 5/7/05, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>AppFuse has a tapestry-mock.jar which I created from 3.0 (not 3.0.1 or
>>3.0.2).
>>

>So it's not a jar packed by tapestry distributions.
>Did you (both) pack it to easy your own test suites, am i right ?
>
>Thanks both

Re: tapestry-mock jar

Matt Raible

On May 8, 2005, at 1:46 AM, Massimo Lusetti wrote:

> On 5/7/05, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> AppFuse has a tapestry-mock.jar which I created from 3.0 (not 3.0.1 or
>> 3.0.2).
>
> So it's not a jar packed by tapestry distributions.
> Did you (both) pack it to easy your own test suites, am i right ?

I created it from Tapestry's CVS - so yes you are correct that it's not
part of the Tapestry distributions.

Matt