tapestry-security 0.7.1 and tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 released!

tapestry-security 0.7.1 and tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 released!

Kalle Korhonen-2
It's that time of the year again. Actually, the community has been asking
these to be released for a while. Thanks to @homburgs, you can now
contribute chains with RegExPatternMatcher to tapestry-security (
https://github.com/tynamo/tapestry-security/pull/50). Also, 0.7.1 is now
using the latest version of Tapestry and I cleaned up a few annoying
default configuration errors that used to pop up in the logs(
https://github.com/tynamo/tapestry-security/issues/49). See docs for
tapestry-security for more (http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/).

Tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 now comes with the latest version of Tapestry and
resteasy (3.1.4.Final) as well. Thanks to @jochenberger for tirelessly
keeping the versions in sync. See docs for tapestry-resteasy for more (
http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-resteasy+guide/).

As a side-note, while our Maven & OSS (
https://www.sonatype.com/nexus-repository-oss) based release process has
worked well for the community for years, it does feel clunky and almost
pointless for those of us who've ever used Bintray's Github-based release
"process"(
https://blog.bintray.com/2013/06/05/bintray-github-synergistic-love-story/).
Using Bintray also nicely solves the problem of building snapshots since
you can use git(hub) hash as a version in case you need access to some
unreleased features. I don't know if I have appetite to make changes to
move over though, given that most of our libraries are pretty mature and
slow moving at this point. Anyhow, something to keep in mind in case we
come up with a brand new module.

Enjoy!

Re: tapestry-security 0.7.1 and tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 released!

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
This is wonderful! Thank you very much!

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 3:01 PM Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It's that time of the year again. Actually, the community has been asking
> these to be released for a while. Thanks to @homburgs, you can now
> contribute chains with RegExPatternMatcher to tapestry-security (
> https://github.com/tynamo/tapestry-security/pull/50). Also, 0.7.1 is now
> using the latest version of Tapestry and I cleaned up a few annoying
> default configuration errors that used to pop up in the logs(
> https://github.com/tynamo/tapestry-security/issues/49). See docs for
> tapestry-security for more (http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/
> ).
>
> Tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 now comes with the latest version of Tapestry and
> resteasy (3.1.4.Final) as well. Thanks to @jochenberger for tirelessly
> keeping the versions in sync. See docs for tapestry-resteasy for more (
> http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-resteasy+guide/).
>
> As a side-note, while our Maven & OSS (
> https://www.sonatype.com/nexus-repository-oss) based release process has
> worked well for the community for years, it does feel clunky and almost
> pointless for those of us who've ever used Bintray's Github-based release
> "process"(
> https://blog.bintray.com/2013/06/05/bintray-github-synergistic-love-story/
> ).
> Using Bintray also nicely solves the problem of building snapshots since
> you can use git(hub) hash as a version in case you need access to some
> unreleased features. I don't know if I have appetite to make changes to
> move over though, given that most of our libraries are pretty mature and
> slow moving at this point. Anyhow, something to keep in mind in case we
> come up with a brand new module.
>
> Enjoy!

Re: tapestry-security 0.7.1 and tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 released!

Alejandro Scandroli
👏

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 8:26 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is wonderful! Thank you very much!
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 3:01 PM Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > It's that time of the year again. Actually, the community has been asking
> > these to be released for a while. Thanks to @homburgs, you can now
> > contribute chains with RegExPatternMatcher to tapestry-security (
> > https://github.com/tynamo/tapestry-security/pull/50). Also, 0.7.1 is now
> > using the latest version of Tapestry and I cleaned up a few annoying
> > default configuration errors that used to pop up in the logs(
> > https://github.com/tynamo/tapestry-security/issues/49). See docs for
> > tapestry-security for more (
> http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/
> > ).
> >
> > Tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 now comes with the latest version of Tapestry and
> > resteasy (3.1.4.Final) as well. Thanks to @jochenberger for tirelessly
> > keeping the versions in sync. See docs for tapestry-resteasy for more (
> > http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-resteasy+guide/).
> >
> > As a side-note, while our Maven & OSS (
> > https://www.sonatype.com/nexus-repository-oss) based release process has
> > worked well for the community for years, it does feel clunky and almost
> > pointless for those of us who've ever used Bintray's Github-based release
> > "process"(
> >
> https://blog.bintray.com/2013/06/05/bintray-github-synergistic-love-story/
> > ).
> > Using Bintray also nicely solves the problem of building snapshots since
> > you can use git(hub) hash as a version in case you need access to some
> > unreleased features. I don't know if I have appetite to make changes to
> > move over though, given that most of our libraries are pretty mature and
> > slow moving at this point. Anyhow, something to keep in mind in case we
> > come up with a brand new module.
> >
> > Enjoy!

Re: tapestry-security 0.7.1 and tapestry-resteasy 0.5.0 released!

JumpStart
Thank you. I absolutely depend on tapestry-resteasy, so this is music to my ears.